Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Solutions to Problems

I am going to stop checking the shipping status on my BreyerFest packages and be happy whenever they arrive. It’s always good when an (almost) unexpected box of horses arrives on your doorstep, right?

I am beginning to suspect that the variations popping up are more common than we realize, and possibly at the same ratio as the Matte/Gloss splits on the Surprises. Certainly more than 25 to 50 pieces total each. 

My luck with getting Gloss Surprises isn’t so great, so I am assuming the Ansel and Uffington that are coming my way are going to be absolutely normal-looking and as originally advertised. And I am fine with that, because I chose them specifically because I liked the way they looked, and expected nothing beyond that.

And if I somehow get one of those funky Decos, I’ll also be on the lookout for the “normal” ones. But like I said, I don’t think that’s going to be an issue. (Though it would be pretty hilarious if I got the holographic Uffington, because my luck getting Breyer Double Dilutes is even worse than Glossy Luck. Will they cancel each other out?)

The solution they’re offering VIP ticketholders – an exclusive pin, and first dibs on the BreyerFest Leftovers Sale – aren’t what I would have offered. My solution would have been a 1000-piece Gambler’s Choice Special of the Dani in three or four Deco colors – either Red-Green-Blue (RGB) or Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-Black (CMYK!) One per account, with the remainder either being purchase-raffled off or sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

But what they’re offering is quicker and easier for them, and it isn’t nothing. I just fear that I’ll probably be missing out on the “First Dibs” sale, since I have a suspicion that my work schedule will be changing shortly, in a way that might limit my online access.

If I do manage to get the opportunity, I’m either going for a Gran Cavallo, because I didn’t realize his color in person is that Dark Mahogany color I love so much on the Adios Mesa, or the Peche Merle because while I like him in Bay Appaloosa, I kind of adore its Buckskin variation. He looks so good in that color!

I have been meaning to add a John Henry or two to the collection anyway. One of these days I will finally get around to buying myself a nice brindled variation of the original #445 release, but either Peche Merle will also do. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the gambler's choice idea (though I'd personally prefer they not all be decorators)! That said, it would require people to pay more money compared to the "free" perks/sorry for the issues gestures (particularly the pin) that Breyer has made so, sadly, I can see people complaining about needing to spend even more.

Kaivala said...

Website says my shipping label was printed today and order shows fulfilled so far I have only received my Danis vip box and deco stablemates so I'm a bit anxious for my others

Anonymous said...

My VIP came today, and my AA shows fulfilled, label created. Finally!!

Kaivala said...

Edit my vip horses arrived Ansel is amazing not varient just great paint smooth finish very pretty. Uffington nice shimmery a few rough spots and I wish they had painted his hooves to stand out as hooves they just blend right into the body color. Rheverence matte is better colors than is expected but several paint flaws I may try and get a second one series 3 stablemates appear fine but are still in their display box. I'll just say again I love my Ansel I have a second one with a Pollak comming I was going to possibly trade for a salu but if he's as lovely as first but shading different enough I'll keep both

Boulder Sheep said...

Yesterday by SRs paid during Breyerfest arrived (but not the swag nor the Kaleidoscopes) but I am still wondering where the VIP SRs and LEs are. The last (single( Kaleidoscope I ordered still shows unfulfilled, and of course everything else has a tracking number (which doesn't actually track, and doesn't seem to be attached to any given shipment.) I haven't bugged Breyer, figuring they have enough on their plate dealing with their fulfilment company, but surely by next week?