Monday, August 7, 2023

The 1967 Pricelist

Another quick check-in; I had some unamusing, weather-related difficulties which set me back on my project a bit, so here’s a larger-than-average picture (click on it) of one of my favorite BreyerFest acquisitions this year, in hope that it keeps you occupied while I’m still cleaning up my mess:

It’s an original – not a copy! – of the 1967 Pricelist. These things are so scarce that most of us had to content ourselves with copies, or copies of copies, so this is a major upgrade for my archive. I was honestly kind of surprised it was still available on Saturday, when I found it!

1967 was a transitional year for Breyer; many older, long-running releases were discontinued at the end of 1966 to make way for the more realistic and breed-specific molds the market was now demanding. A year later, the first Collector’s Manual would make its appearance, using the same photos and duotone printing technique.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just imagine! $2 for a Traditional Breyer! Those were the days…

Suzanne said...

That is flipping sweet! But is it just the first page? Ha, even if I didn't like tiny horses, I'd have to admire that beautiful, even layout.

timaru star ii said...

Yep -- four dollars and twenty-five cents (the 25c was tax) is what I paid for King, my bay Fighting Stallion, in Boulder CO in early 1971. A fair amount of weeding-work and allowance-saving for a 10-year-old. Oh those were the good old days.

Carrie said...

My fav part is the T-bar under 'HORSES', it just draws the eye right down the page. If you look closely, you can get a hint of the models on the other side of the sheet — Man o' War, the Rearing Stallion, & the Pacer are back there!

TxMiniatureHorse said...

First model I bought with my own money was a FAF in alabaster, Christmas 1972. She was $1.50.

Corky said...

Interesting to note that the "white" Family Arabs were cheaper than the other colors!