Thursday, August 24, 2023

Relief, Rather Than Joy

The month of August is continuing to mess with my head; all I will say about the week is that I am very much looking forward to the weekend, as it is the only time I am allowed to get anything done. (And this will be going away sometime in September. Busy season at work and all…)

I also wanted to be clever about this reveal, but since my time is extremely short today, I will just cut to the chase:

You know what was funny about this? When I opened her up, my immediate reaction was not joy, but relief. And frankly, sometimes the feeling of relief is better.

I mean, I am extremely grateful and stunned that I basically got almost everything I wanted out of this year’s BreyerFest (except a Raffle Model). But for the moment, I’m getting more satisfaction over the fact that for the first time in a long time, it feels like things might be going my way. Am I out of that darkly forested section of my life, at last?

My hope is that this eventually translates into something beyond these material totems. But for the moment, pretty horses will suffice.

(FWIW, she does have three or four noticeable factory flaws, but I’ll worry about those another day.)

5 comments:

ELauer said...

Oh, she's lovely. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Andrea!! Things certainly seem to be going your way this year!! First the blue pinto Studebaker --and now this Araba!
I think I might be a little envious--except for the fact that I recently got the regular blk. Pinto version (finally!!) and an acquaintance of mine also has both versions!!
I am just so pleased for you!! I believe you deserve them!! Now--go rub a lucky penny or something so that your good fortune would spread to the rest of us!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Kiri said...

She's so beautiful!! I'm glad you found her!!

PinkButterfly said...

Congratulations! I, too, am envious, as my luck sucks with variations, etc., but I only ever buy what I love so I'm not disappointed (too much, okay a lot sometimes) when I don't pull a variation, win a club lottery <--- that one a lot), etc. Happy for you!