Saturday, July 23, 2022

Lucky Breaks

To give you an idea of just how tired I was this week, I came home from work yesterday, ran a few errands, ate dinner, decided to take a quick nap clutching one of my favorite finds from BreyerFest (as one does), and didn’t wake up for nearly 14 hours.

Here is the model in question, who somehow managed to survive the experience unscathed:

A Glossy Bay Appaloosa Quelle Surprise from a $200 Warehouse Finds Box! Who is, of course, not going anywhere because I almost never get Gloss Surprises, when I manage to actually get a Surprise at all. (The Appaloosa was my second choice after the Perlino that year. The spotting pattern is really nice, and Gloss Dark Bay is never not awesome, duh.)

The rest of that box was also pretty decent:

  • BreyerFest 2016 Special Run Furano
  • BreyerFest 2021 Crystal Sherman Morgan “Prisma”
  • BreyerFest 2018 Special Run Scamper Boxed Set
  • BreyerFest 2020 Gloss Cheesecake

I traded the Furano for a Buckskin Pech Merle, and sold the Prisma and the Cheesecake for cost (more or less) at the hotel later in the day. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with the Scamper set yet; he’ll probably be for sale later in the year when I finally (ha!) get my act together and start selling stuff regularly again. 

Other people were not as lucky with their boxes, and others moreso. I believe someone received a box that had both a Purple Gran Cavallo AND a set of Silver Bears. If I had gotten that one, a medical intervention would have ensued, because screaming and fainting would have definitely happened.

But I think I did okay. Better than I expected, anyway. Definitely worth sitting on the pavement for two and a half hours watching Gamera movies. 

Anyway, since my body decided to sleep half a day away, that’s all you’re getting today. More tomorrow, I promise!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure to test for covid. So many people got it at breyerfest!

Carrie said...

Wave him in my face all you want, if Quelle survived a 14 hour nap as your teddy it was meant to be! ;D

Anonymous said...

Those pcr tests are not accurate, I got a second round of pneumonia that was not COVID but tested positive, I don’t believe them