Friday, March 22, 2019

Such A Tease

Grr. Argh. 

I cannot believe that Reeves is now making me wince with every release this “heroes” theme. As BreyerFest History tells us, reliance on clichés and heavy-handed Disney references are (alas) the rule, rather than the exception - but even I did not expect it to be this bad.

I’m going to pretend I didn’t see Reeves’ latest attempt to kiss up to Disney with its fifth(!!!) Marvel-themed BreyerFest SR, and just focus my comic book fangirl energies on the Shazam! sneak preview screening I’m seeing this Saturday.

(How nerd will they go? Will Tawky Tawny actually be in it? Ibis the Invincible? Freddy’s long-lost brother?)

Back to slightly-less-stress-inducing topics. (And ones that I have at least some tiny measure of control over.)

Bits and pieces of information about the still-unrevealed Vintage Club releases have been revealed in the Vintage Club welcome packet…

...including the much-requested Bell-bottomed Shire! Yay! But being the teases that they are this year, they’ve chosen to keep the rest of you in the dark about what she will be wearing when she debuts in May or June.

Ah, well. Just gotta roll with it, I guess.

Considering how mild-mannered and unassuming the mold is, the Bell-bottomed Shire has a number of scarce or downright rare releases over the years: the Gloss Chalky Dapple Grays, the 1985 Riegsecker releases, and most recently, the Chasing the Chesapeake Special Run Testudo.

Because of her heavily feathered legs, she takes a lot of raw materials to produce, which is why we haven’t seen much of her recently. Aside from the Warehouse Reissues of the Bay (made from stockpiled warehouse bodies) the only other production run of her that we’ve had in the past 15 years was the adorable BreyerFest Special Run Cheerio.

And I adore that release so much she actually gets to be one of my office companions (along with several of her sisters).

So yeah, you could say I’m pretty excited about this release. The whole lineup is great, but you’ll just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Truson said...

As lost as ever on the comic book thing, wish they would put it to bed and go with some real heroic horses. I do love the WeatherGirl though, happy to see her again.

Happy to see Shires for the VC Gamblers' Choice as well!

Anonymous said...

where did you see the VC Gamblers' Choice?