Saturday, September 4, 2021

A Little Uffington!

Look guys, it’s a little Uffington!

In reality, it’s just Cloud from the #1728 Cloud’s Encore set, and part of the box lot of mystery horses I just opened up a few hours ago. He’s also one of the few that I’ll probably be keeping from that lot; the rest are duplicates, bodies, or things I’m simply not all that into. 

In spite of the fact that I actually like Cremellos, I don’t own many original finish ones, either Regular Run or Special Run. I have the first intentional Cremello – the #906 Goliath, the 1995 Commemorative Edition Belgian as an American Cream Draft Horse – but not much else. 

(Yes, I know that American Cream Drafts aren’t really Cremello. Phenotype, not genotype.)

One of these days I’ll get myself that neat Cremello Appaloosa Stablemates Club Iris, but not at the prices they’re going for right now. 

(I was not willing to take a shot at getting one in the Stablemates Grab Bags. My luck is not that good.)

I should be able to recoup my investment in the mystery lot, at least. That’s all I really ask of purchases like these, especially when there are keepers involved. Because that means the keepers are free, and who doesn’t love free horses?

Of course, that also means that I have to go through the effort of actually selling things. Now that I am finally back to my original schedule, that should be easier, but we’ll see what happens. 

(I hesitate to make plans because I have a feeling that “stuff” is going to hit the fan, very soon. Crossing my fingers that it is for the better, in the end.)

Also recently purchased: a stack of books from the local Book Sale, including several horse books for the sales stash and a couple more books for the Someday Wyoming Adventure:

I managed to make it to the other toy store earlier this week, and was delighted to find several Omega Fahims in stock. None of them were quite “right” – they all had small but distracting flaws – so I left them behind. 

I did almost buy a really nicely shaded Pearl Gray Trakehner on the Jet Run mold. Although I have no particular feelings for the Jet Run mold – beyond my original childhood one that I had Michael Matz sign at the Chasing the Chesapeake Event, because obviously. Depending on how the week works out (will this be the week the leftovers sale finally drops?) I may just go back and buy him anyway.

The rest of my weekend will be spent doing mostly nothing; I briefly considered going to an auction near Metamora this morning that had some horse-themed stuff in it, but I decided against it, since I’ve bought so much stuff already this week anyway.  

3 comments:

Nancy K said...

I really hope the leftovers sale doesn't kick off this week. I'm one of those who received a Dani instead of their Pollock and I still don't have my Pollock yet.

Anonymous said...

Oh that really bums. What did Breyer say? Shipping is horrible this year for Breyerfest. Good luck.

Vajarra said...

I think I'm the only person who doesn't love Uffington. His eyes creep me out, and I don't like the pinkish, pearly finish. Also he looks like a tippy nightmare.

That said, the dark special version of him is GORGEOUS and I'd cry for happiness if I got one.