Sunday, April 25, 2021

Learning Things

Well, the video would have been done last night, but for some reason I decided I had to completely redo the last two minutes of it – new script, new photos, new animation. I am still not 100 percent satisfied with it, but I’m rarely 100 percent satisfied with anything I do, so that’s about par for the course.

Especially since I essentially did this thing completely and utterly from scratch. (Note to self: add “Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro” to resume.) 

Will I do another? I’ve found that I don’t hate my voice as much as I thought I would, and once I figured out the basics of the program it wasn’t too difficult to learn. (YMMV: I’ve been working with Adobe products for nearly 20 years.)

But the month of May looks like it will be completely booked with other projects and stuff, so it’ll be at least a month before I will have the space to think about launching a multimedia model horse empire from my basement.  

So, what’s up for May?

Housecleaning first. Then the garden. Then maybe – maybe! – I can actually get one contest entry for BreyerFest done. Probably the Diorama thing because I already bought the supplies for it (one bottle of paint!) and since I’ve been stress eating a lot lately, I need to lose some weight before I think about doing any costuming in the near future. 

Speaking of contests, they finally released a picture of the Customs Contest prize model Noir, and all I can say is Damn You:

It’s close enough to the Tractor Supply Eclipse from last year that it shouldn’t bother me, but nevertheless, what we have here is another unattainable Emerson. Already. I had entertained notions of maybe saving up the cash to buy the Pinto variation of Rocket, but with prices being the way they are for everything right now, that money is staying in the bank. 

Sure, I could enter the Customs Contest and hope for the best, but all the ideas I have would require more than six weeks for me to complete to my satisfaction, and also involve learning (or relearning) how to use some tools and equipment. I just went through a couple months of that very process, and I’d appreciate the break. 

If I do try to learn anything new in the next six months, it’s either going to be (a) learning how to make real Turkish Delight, or (b) taking guitar lessons. 

(The latter one surprises me, too, but it’s actually been in my head for about a year, and the only thing that’s been staying my hand is the fact that I think I really need in-person lessons. Which look like a possibility by the Fall.)

2 comments:

timaru star ii said...

I honestly thought that was an etched Eclipse. Why not obtain an Eclipse and etch your own. Boycott is the heavy artillery of the consumer. Creative powers just multiply that (and I know you have some).
Now I will forever hear the name of this horse as Noir Damn You. That has a nice ring!

Music helps. If it weren't for my piano I'd go insane.

Anonymous said...

He reminds me of the Peter Stone show series SR's from around 2001 or so. Cerulean Knight, Cerulean King, etc. Except this guy has pretty lacy markings! Alas, I was unable to get the TSC SR Emerson this past year too. So I guess I will have to make due with my old faithful Cerulean Knight!