Monday, April 19, 2021

Almost There

I’m down to what I like to call “the crunchy bits”: the last pieces of a creative project that are going to take a little more chewing on than the rest. 

This is pretty typical for most of my endeavors, especially the more complicated ones. Do the “easy” parts first, and fuss over the “hard” parts last. And the hard parts aren’t necessarily hard, they just need more time and effort put into them. 

I think I have all the photos I need – unless anyone happens to have a nice vintage Decorator pic or two lying around. (I have some, but they definitely need work to be presentable. Long story, etc.) BTW, everyone who has contributed will get credited, even if the pics do not end up in the final product. 

But anyway, everything is on schedule. If only the same could be said of literally everything else in my life, but that’s neither here nor there.

Since I hadn’t been out shopping in forever and my birthday is almost here, I went out and bought a couple of models. I know I shouldn’t have, but it was either that or something practical, like shoes for work, and horses are more fun to shop for. 

First up – a Catch Me!

I wasn’t initially impressed with the first Catch Mes, but the latest batch are actually quite pretty (the VIN says he was made in January?) He has a few minor marks, but this one was definitely the nicest of the ones I had to choose from, and I have no plans on doing any showing this year anyway. 

(Are there any actual live shows going on anywhere this year?)

Whenever things get back to normal again, I am definitely tracking down an Appreciation Event Glossy (also assuming that prices get back closer to normal). I know there are already a couple of True Norths that are utterly unattainable (Masala, and Rangoli) but this year’s Celebration Horse has reignited my desired for more. 

And next up: Le Mer!

Yeah, I was kind of surprised that this one caught my eye, too. I am not normally a huge Unicorn person in general – except for the Stablemates, and we all know that Stablemates are essentially potato chips – but his color was just so appealing in person. And so much darker than the promotional photos! So my Solaris has a buddy now. Go figure.

I also bought all of the new Stablemates Unicorns (aka the Steven Universe Unicorns, because Rose Quartz, Opal, Peridot and Pearl, hello!) but imma gonna wait until my actual birthday to open those up. 

3 comments:

L. Robinson said...

I’m trying to cut down on Stablemates and have sold several from my herd and prepped others for customizing but I broke down & bought a Topaz because blue is my favorite color & he matches the SM chase pieces I’m keeping. I’m trying with all my might to resist Peridot & so far I’ve succeeded but I don’t know how much longer my resistance will hold because he is so lovely. The ones I’ve seen in person instantly draw my eye with their color and shading.

timaru star ii said...

I too am taken with some of the recent blue Classics. Le Mer is definitely on my list -- you're not alone!

Amy Christopher said...

Wow, I really like Le Mer. Funny, since I wasn't at all attracted to him on the Breyer website. Now I know the next one I plan on buying. Have you seen the Walmart SR Mason? I just picked one up the other day. I guess all that little-girl glitter and rainbow mane and tail sucked me in to putting one in my cart.

I never thought I would collect unicorns or decorators for that matter. Now, they are some of my favorites!