Thursday, March 25, 2021

Feeling a Bit Blue

I am… apprehensive about this:

https://www.breyerhorses.com/pages/save-the-date-for-true-blue-breyer-weekend

My luck getting actually drawn for Exclusive Events under normal circumstances is terrible; having an Exclusive Event that’s online – and thus not subject to the normal constraints of travel arrangements and extended time off from work (i.e. more than one day) – is only going to make the situation worse. 

I am also not encouraged by the wording here: Purchase is limited to one ticket per Collector Club account.

I’d like to think that this is just an awkward and economical way of saying “no plus ones” that I think is not only a good idea but should be an idea with all Exclusive Events going forward amen

But let’s get realistic here: there are people who have more than one Collector Club account and are definitely going to read it an entirely different way.

As we saw with the BreyerFest VIP ticket situation, many hobbyists are terrible and will definitely attempt to get more than one ticket purely for the financial windfalls they come with. If that does happen, it will feel especially grievous this year because they will not have “I need to pay my travel expenses” as an excuse.

And also thus denying some hobbyists the opportunity for the experience above and beyond the models involved. I have a fancy new computer here, folks, and I’d like to use it!

(As I’ve mentioned several times before, I’d volunteer at BreyerFest for a t-shirt and a sandwich. This is not normal, I know.)

All I can do is put my entries in and hope for the best, I guess. 

(Sorry to be so spicy today – I’ve been dealing with a lot of negative attitudes over the past few days and I am totally done with people for at least the rest of the week.) 

3 comments:

Betsy in WI said...

It also says "limited to one purchase per member" so hopefully 200 different people will be chosen. Can't do much about husband/child accounts, but it does seem like they are trying.

I hope they are able to save some of the content and let us take a peek during Breyerfest. And that it's not limited to VIP. Missing out on VIP content was one of the big reasons I was bummed about not getting one of those.

Qatgirl said...

If Breyer wanted to really crack down (and get technical), they could say "one per IP address." I've seen other entities use that to limit entries/purchases to truly one per household.

Because people can have a bazillion email addresses, and use their sister's/mom's/bff's mailing addresses. Just sayin'.

Holly Harris said...

After Virtual Breyerfest 2020, I'm not interested in paying money for a virtual event ever again. It is good to see that Breyer is trying to make things more fair for all collectors, however, and best wishes to anyone participating in this, I hope you get all the models you want. For me personally, there is no event that can compensate for the loss of Clarion shopping, which is my favorite part of Breyerfest.