Monday, May 6, 2019

Lime Green With Envy

I didn’t watch the race, so I have no opinion of what happened at the Kentucky Derby, but it is darn weird that passing acquaintances – who know of my familiar with things equine, and not much else – certainly seem to think I want to listen to theirs.

I’ll just leave it at this: having more people interested in horse racing again is, like comic book movies, definitely a mixed blessing.

Anyway, I saw a whole shipment’s worth of the Flagship Model Seamus today and had a very, very hard time leaving him behind – I was at that particular toy store to pick up something very specific, and there was absolutely no straying from the budget this month, no sir…


But his pattern was so cleanly masked, and surprisingly lacy and intricate for a tobiano pinto. And he had lime green ribbons: I am absolutely a sucker and a half for lime green ribbons. The ribbons on the Black Misty’s Twilight is half the reason why I was so enthralled the 1993 Spiegels Catalog Dressage Set (the other half being the knockout Mahogany Bay on the otherwise not-really-my-thing Hanoverian) and also why I lusted after the 2012 BreyerFest Auction Hackney.

I even recently finished a quilt top where that shade of lime green is the dominant color. I am not saying that it’s my favorite color, but it does have a certain je ne sais quoi to it that makes my inner nine-year-old nod approvingly.

(Though if I am being perfectly honest, my inner nine-year-old’s absolute-most-favorite color is actually red-orange. There is … a very long story to that.)

If this pretty boy ends up getting glossed for the Customer Appreciation Sale at the end of the year, he’s definitely going to be the must-have in the bunch. For me, especially.

And before anyone asks: no, I can’t do any pick-ups for Seamus. It’s not very likely I’ll be veering over to that part of town again any time in the near future. (I probably shouldn ’t even be talking to y’all now, actually.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

which toy store? Is it a chain I might find in Oregon?