Thursday, May 9, 2019

Lancelot

Yes readers, I bought one. My budget is telling me I probably shouldn’t have, but I felt a twinge of obligation, as my tirelessly weird advocacy of a Traditional Man o’ War in a vintage (yucky yellow) Palomino may be at least partly responsible for a Palomino being included in the Lancelot assortment:


This will also probably be the closest I ever get to my dream Man o ’ War. I mean, I do collect the Classic Man o’ War mold, too – that gorgeous shaded buckskin from the BreyerFest 2001 Special Run set is one of my favorite Classic releases ever – but I haven’t pursued him as vigorously as I have the Traditional.

Maybe with this release, I should reconsider it. Aside from oddities, Test Colors and some of the rarities (like the Triple Crown Sets) most Classics are undervalued, and the Man o’ Wars are no exception.

I love all three Lancelots, so whichever one I get initially is irrelevant. I like that they went  – and I hope, are going forward with – the Gambler’s Choice of One Glossy, One Matte, and One Decorator. Covers every market!

I find it somewhat encouraging that he’s taking a while to sell out: I hope this means I’ll be able to get all three at a not-insane price eventually. When I get my horse office mess straightened out, that is.

In other news, I am modestly interested in this Stablemates Unicorn-oriented “Fairytale Friends Club” – Sparkly Things and New Molds (mini Firebird!) are a big draw, and it’s Stablemates so it won’t be too big of an expense…

But I don’t know. I think I might be tapped out on Club memberships for the time being. I have a hard enough time keeping track of the clubs I belong to now. Adding one more just might push me over the edge, because you know those shipping schedules aren’t always going to coordinate.

I have a bunch of deadlines – real, and self-imposed – to meet next week, so I am going to be extremely scarce for the next three days. See you all on the other side!

No comments: