Saturday, October 7, 2023

Oh, The Purpleness....

A few years back there was a Clydesdale Stallion Unicorn silhouette included either on a box or some holiday-themed fabric, and I remember thinking: that’s so crazy, but it kind of works. Put something pearly/metallic/shimmery on that boy, go wild with his ribbons and bobs, and I’d totally buy it…

We came kind of close in 2021, with the Stablemates Christmas Clydesdales. But alas, they were (a) Stablemates, (b) sans horns and (c) the Stablemates market is still too bonkers for me to complete my set. 

(I need the Blue and Silver ones. Again, I am not in a rush.)

So naturally, the only item from this year’s holiday collection that’s really tempting me – aside from that insanely cute little knit hat included in the Fjord gift set, because tiny fabric accessories get me every time – is the Unicorn Mare and Foal set Hyacinth and Wisteria:

They remind me a great deal of the 2015 Web Special Unicorn Andreus, in lavender pinto. I have half-heartedly been looking for him in the secondary market, because all the ones I’ve found have been way too rich for my blood. 

Since I’ve been in a customizing mood, I am now tempted to make myself a Metallic Purple Clydesdale Stallion Unicorn. But I probably should finish one of the half dozen or so pieces I currently have loitering around the office. 

Unfortunately, I just sprayed a bit of primer on a couple of them, and that dashed all my hopes that either one was anywhere near completion. 

(Makes note to go check my body box stash for Traditional Clydesdales anyway…)

5 comments:

Kiri said...

I really want that Shetland Pony. He's cute and I'm a sucker for dilutes of any kind! Especially oddities like dilute amber champagne duns...

timaru star ii said...

So true about the little knit hat. That caught my eye too... I think this is the first time Breyer has had the affrontery [pun intended] to put a horn on the Clyde Mare?

PixelPerfectStables said...

Also fun note - the mare's pattern is very close to Pepper from 2019, and the foal's pattern is Shadow's (the last CF RR). :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah it is the first time these guys are unicorns! Which is kinda surprising to me, considering how long the mold has been around.

Corky said...

Waiting for the "unicorn purists" to start shrieking "WHY ARE THEIR TAILS DOCKED!?!?!?!?!?"