Sunday, October 22, 2023

Little Things

How did I not know of this t-shirt before? I need it:

https://www.breyerhorses.com/collections/apparel/products/stablemates-vintage-logo-t-shirt-adult

Knowing about this yesterday would have made my day just a wee bit less stressful. (Too long, not in any mood to explain. Dragging my sun lamp out of storage today to partially solve the problem.)

I was just thinking the other day that we were probably due another rearing/jumping/leaping Stablemate, but that’s because I forgot that we were getting one – the last release in the Stablemates Club this year, Brio:

I like him better than the other rearing Stablemates (except the Lipizzaner), but I think I need to see him in person and in other colors before I fall in love.

I have no such qualifications about next year’s new sculpture: Zug’s little cousin Augustus is my new favorite Stablemate!

In fact, I was just looking at pictures of Sarah’s Stormwatch earlier in the week, since it only just occurred to me that the Mesteno custom I’m doing is basically turning into a vague, plastic-and-epoxy imitation of him. 

(But done with considerably less skill, and still looking very much like a Mesteno.)

Anyway. There’s the chonky Draft I was hoping for/whingeing about just last post. He just happens to be Stablemates scale, rather than Traditional. I am okay with this: he will require less space, and is theoretically more affordable.

Until they offer one as a Custom Contest Prize: you don’t have to be me to know that is eventually coming. And a Gambler’s Choice, too...

We also got “a” matching Traditional family set too, but it turned out to be for Fireheart, not Georg: Firestorm and Tigerlily!

I do love Fireheart, and this set is very, very tempting, but I have managed to avoid signing up for the Premier Club until now. What is staying my hand for now is that although the money is available, the space is not. (You do not want to see what my office looks like right now. Nope!)

But it is nice to see another Traditional Foal in a more active or playful pose; I was wondering if we’d ever see one that required a base, and now we do.  

2 comments:

PixelPerfectStables said...

2024 is already shaping up to be an excellent year, and we don't even have VC or BreyerFest previews yet! I'm waiting to see what kind of sneak peeks or reveals we get for the VC and if there are any further hints to PC before deciding which (if either ) expensive club I want to sign up for. I did the PC this year for the first time and definitely feeling validated in that choice (most years historically I've felt "meh" about at least one mold or mold/color combo). I still have never been in the VC though, and I would like to try it out eventually, though maybe not in the same year as the PC for the time being. I am all in on the DCC and SMC though per usual.

For the foal, I am guessing there might be a similar base to Adonis? I.e. circular shape to account for weight distribution.

Lydia Lepic said...

The foal is killing me!! He reminds me of my dun blanket appaloosa scratching foal, but with more bling. I did the PC this year, and along with Bolero, Shelby, the polo pony, Vail, and now the piebald buck...I'm watching the dollar signs blow away in a gale force wind. I may be banned from joining PC for 2024 by my bank account and my husband. HA!