Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Proof of Life

So far I have lost a credit card and a water bottle, had a last minute cancellation that forced me to rearrange my itinerary almost completely, screamed once (long story: both necessary and intentionally) and cried several times (this was mostly involuntary.) 

I also got a speeding ticket, which I did not think was possible in Wyoming, but there you go. Lesson learned.

Regrets? Not a one. Though I wish some of you were here with me, in body and not just in spirit. So I am just giving you guys some advance warning: in search of companions for future trips to Iceland, the Kentucky Derby, and my Redneck Roadtrip Redo.

I have taken multiple pictures, but most of them are on the actual camera and not the phone; I periodically lose coverage on the phone because many of the places I have been going are outside the reach of my service.

Not much else to report. I have not spent much so far, beyond food/gas/lodging and the speeding ticket; I have not bought any horses so far, but a sign that said Ranches for Sale starting at $98,000 did give me a brief pause...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a WY resident, I can tell you our local police are always on the job, LOL. They'll get you every time, haha! I tried to warn my out-of-state boyfriend about that, but he wouldn't listen...

Suzanne said...

Iceland!!! I have been wanting to see Iceland for so many years. The culture, the terrain...oh yeah, shaggy ponies!

Can't wait to hear more about this adventure- be safe! :^)

Holly Harris said...

Does your Redneck Roadtrip Redo involve taking secondary roads through the south? If so, sign me up as a travel companion.

Anonymous said...

Just curious...where did you go and what did you do in Wyoming?