Monday, November 7, 2022

Dog Shaped, Dog Themed, or Just a Dog?

Ah, my head’s all messed up today! I had to do a double shift on Saturday, go to a wedding shower on Sunday, and deal with Daylight Savings Time on top of all that. And then the devastating news about Duran Duran… 

Today is still Monday, right?

At least I know I am not alone. This week promises to mess with the heads of all of us. I am kind of nervous about a potential Breyer Hall of Fame announcement, and might actually be mad if they don’t get in this time…

I didn’t bother entering for Kalahari; aside from trying to avoid any extraneous hobby purchases until the end of the year, I prefer dog-shaped Breyers to dog-themed ones. 

Speaking of Breyer Dogs, I’ve seen both the White Boxer and the Test Color Benji on eBay, yes. I’d love either (or both!) but their listing prices are a little out of my comfort zone. 

It’s become rather obvious that the White Boxer is not quite as rare as we thought it was, so I harbor a faint bit of hope I’ll randomly find one somewhere. 

Oh, and I’ve also seen that BreyerFest Test Color Donkey on eBay too. While it meets all my necessary criteria – it is a verifiable, documented BreyerFest Auction piece from before 2000 – the price is way too high, and I already have a Test Color Donkey anyway. 

For the record, I’m willing to go as high as $1200 to $1500 for an early BreyerFest Auction Test, but cheaper is always better, and I am not concerned about it being live show quality or not. I’d also prefer a mold I don’t already have a Test Color in, but I’m not going to turn down a Traditional Man o’ War or Trakehner if the price was right. 

I might be picky, but I am not stupid. 

I have a pretty busy week ahead of me, so that’s all for today, folks. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to make your monday maybe worse… :(

https://thehill.com/policy/equilibrium-sustainability/3720228-online-secondhand-sellers-balk-at-new-tax-reporting-threshold/

ANDREA said...

I won't go into it any further than this because it will not win me any friends, but I've been reporting my hobby earnings on my taxes for years and these changes do not constitute an undue burden to me. Income is income.

Miaow Minx said...

I hope for the sake of people actually buying the model that the photo doesn't do it justice, and that the actual finished product will much more closely resemble an actual African wild dog's coat pattern.

GWR said...

I just wish Breyer would branch out into other, non-equine animals again. I miss being able to buy the CA dogs and cats without having to buy a horse, dolls, and props as well.