Saturday, October 8, 2022

Out and About

FYI: when the pharmacist says that the Shingles vaccine might kick you in the butt for a day or two, believe them! 

I don’t exactly have a lot of spare time right now, but most of my Friday had to be slept away: my body decided staying awake was not an option. Today I’m just mildly nauseous and have a slight headache: in other words, just your typical Monday, if it didn’t happen to be Saturday. 

This also arrived on Friday and was entirely predictable:

They don’t appear to have sold out yet – either they made more than they usually do of the Classic Gambler’s Choice Web Special, or since it’s a mold made last century nobody but us old farts want it anyway – so I’ll bide my time until the remainder get sold by other means. 

Earlier this week I was in the vicinity of another Tractor Supply that was even less well stocked than my local store, which only served to remind me just how rapacious my local co-hobbyists are. Just two lonely Snowbirds and a Zeke were left!  

Then I thought I’d take a chance at the local Dollar General that I hadn’t gone into in the past couple of months, and found these babies:

Yay, (the) cheap Stablemates! Someone had already swiped the Saddlebreds, but that’s okay: at least I found something. A win is a win, and I am taking it. 

I mean, cripes, even the Stablemates Sets at both Tractor Supplies – which are just early releases, not actually Special Runs or anything – were nowhere to be found.

(Yes, I am aware of the VIN numbers on the TSC releases kinda-sorta make them an exclusive variant, but the road to collecting Stablemate Variations is paved with madness.)

Like Johann, I am going to wait until the entire situation is less ridiculous. The Unicorn sets will be available everywhere eventually. And according to the Breyer web site, display cases of the standard, non-VINed version of the blind bags they sell at TSC will be in stock on the web site soon, so I will go with that as my XMAS present to myself this year, whatever series it happens to be. 

Will I get a chase piece? I’d love to finally get one of those ultra-rare metallic ones, but I am not counting on it. 

Whatever. I’ll just be happy to get a danged box. I don’t have the time to worry about it.

4 comments:

Pam N. said...

Ugh, when I was at the doctors for an eye exam they decided to shoot me with three vaccines: flu, pneumonia, shingles. Two in one arm, and one in the other. No warning about the shingles knocking me out. Funny thing is I didn’t feel it until the next day when I took off work a few hours early because I was wiped.

Christi said...

The local TSC has not had a Jolene, FFA horse, or Snowbird in stock yet. Not sure if they were bought up that quickly in-store, or if they went to online buyers early on or what. I ordered a Jolene for curbside pickup when they were supposedly in stock, but the order was cancelled about five minues later LOL. I had to have Snowbird and FFA shipped to the store, and my sister picked up my Jolene in Colorado for me. They don't have a space for the blind bags, either, so my chances of getting those in person are pretty slim too.

JJ Mo said...

I love the Hess Lipizzaner. Can confirm, I'm an old fart. :D The nostalgia runs strong for me in the older molds.

GWR said...

Pretty little guy! I would have loved the appy, gotta love historical Lippizan colors.

Haven't had a shingles shot yet, but I had a blood draw AND a Covid booster yesterday. I barely made it through work today. Hope you got plenty of rest.