Monday, October 31, 2022

Behaving Myself

Looks more of the seasonal merchandise is finally in at Breyer, including the Neva that I’ve been eyeing: https://www.breyerhorses.com/products/neva-freedom-series-winter-decorator

There’s also another sequined blanket this year, but unlike the one that came in a gift set with Le Mer, you can buy it separately! (And it’s pink and yellow, one of my favorite quilting color combos!)

Breyer is definitely making it a challenge to behave myself.

But what’s really throwing me off is the Vintage Club announcement, and the picture of the first release in next year’s set, the Fury Prancer Rustler. Who also happens to be a Musicbox Prancer:

https://www.breyerhorses.com/products/2023-vintage-collector-club-membership-deposit

The surprise isn’t in the item itself – y’all know I’ve known about it for months, my homies – but that they just kinda-sorta snuck the reveal on the web site with all of the other stuff. For a couple of seconds there I was worried I had accidentally leaked something! 

(The line between me knowing things and predicting things is one I have to monitor constantly, as you may know.)

But anyways, I am glad the first release has been revealed. I’ve been wanting them to do a Musicbox Prancer for years now, and I am very pleased at the way he turned out.

I haven’t had the good fortune of owning a vintage Musicbox Prancer yet: like most things, it’s been a matter of either timing or money. While they are still hard to find, they’re not as rare as many collectors imagine them to be. 

Like Ranchcraft Lamps and various iterations of the Groomers, a higher percentage of them have survived because they had a purpose beyond being toys. Consequently, they were treated a little less roughly, and were less likely to incur the kind of serious damage that would get them thrown into the trash.

As for who and what’s in store for the rest of the 2023 Vintage Club lineup, you know the rules, guys: just wait and see. 

(I think it’s great, but I am also a little biased, LOL.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

“Vintage Inspirations” hold clues? https://www.breyerhorses.com/pages/about-the-vintage-club 🤔

Suzanne said...

He's so beautiful!!

Little Black Car said...

I hard-core cannot afford the Vintage Club or I would never be able to control myself. OMG that Fury.

Anonymous said...

The only thing I would change about him is GLOSS. He would be to-die-for in gloss! But he's very nice the way he is. :)

Vajarra said...

Neva is my favorite too! I'm sad he won't come until December but ah well.

Denise said...

I am THRILLED to finally see Fury make an appearance in the vintage club! He's actually one of my favorite vintage molds. Love his color and pattern and so cool Breyer is making him a music box! Like someone else said the only thing I would have changed is to gloss him! Very happy and will be eagerly rejoining!