Monday, October 17, 2022

Expensive Week

The words just haven’t been coming easy this week. Part of it is the season: this is the time of the year where my Seasonal Affective Disorder kicks in hard, and some days (like today!) it’s hard to even get out of bed. 

But a lot of it has to do with all the petty – and not so petty – personal and professional grievances cluttering up my mind. On the personal side? My Spooky Stablemates order arrived, one Stablemate short:

That’s… aggravating. Man, I’ve got so much on my plate now, and dealing with a missing Stablemate is NOT helping. 

A phone call has already been placed, and the second one will be on his way soon, but I’ll believe it when I see it. (Pretty sure if it does arrive, it will be a duplicate. But, whatever...)

This week has been so expensive, both literally and figuratively. I think I might take a pass on buying any non-obligatory horse purchases through the end of the year, including that Display Box of Stablemates I had been thinking about buying for myself. 

Looking around my office it’s quite obvious that I’ve bought enough for myself this year already!

(Suddenly remembers Chadwick, sighs deeply.)

I did manage to get a little bit of cleaning up in the office done yesterday, and made a few hard (and not so hard) decisions about some of that stuff.

For one, I’ve decided to sell off my Peregrine. Even though he did NAN in his class at the live show I didn’t do all that great at, I have not grown as attached to him as I thought I would. Maybe because I didn’t even get a chance to open him until the day before the show? 

Or maybe I’m feeling overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff cluttering up my life, and I know he’ll be an easy sell I won’t lose money on? And that money will come in handy for other expenses coming up?

I always feel a little guilty with selling horsey things for a bigger-than-average profit, but I am at a point in my life where I am valuing experiences over things, and did I forget to mention that I’ve been pricing plane tickets and rental cars for my Grand Wyoming Adventure next year? 

I’ve gotten so used to BreyerFest that I had forgotten how expensive actual vacationing is. If losing Peregrine, and a few other choice pieces, gets me where I want to go, so be it. 

(And if you are wondering about those Red Roan Running Mares in the background, you’ll see them next post.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ordered two sets of two of those stablemates, and only received one in each box as well...

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me. I ordered two and received only one. When I called Reeves about it this morning, they didn't seem too surprised by it. Was told they would ship the missing Stablemate out.

Yvonne said...

Add me to the list of the missing also! 2 boxes arrived. Should have been 4 SMs and it was 2. I also ordered another 2 when I ordered the Classic and the Pin. I received a Pin, but so far nothing else from that order. So we wait...Customer Service was very helpful and much friendlier than I think I'd be at this point! I did get 2 different ones tho! Now I hope I get the running guy and I'll be happily completed!

Anonymous said...

I never even got my order, so I cancelled it today. Decided I didn't need all those things after all.

Lydia Lepic said...

I'm sorry all the work life and frustrations are piled up. :( For what it's worth, I think whatever horses you decide to let go of, you deserve to get a nice profit off of them. You've more than earned it with all you contribute to the hobby and its history. Let Peregrine fly off to someone else's nest, and savor your vacation plans for Wyoming. Everybody needs an escape every once in a while!

May your second Stablemate be flawless and a non-duplicate; may your vacation planning discover great deals, and the models you sell go to loving homes; and lastly, may your SADs be thwarted by sunshine!