Friday, June 3, 2022

Brown Beauties

I made more progress on my project than I thought I would, but I’m still not going on that cross-state road trip. I just can’t spare the seven hours of driving (round trip) that it would take out of my weekend. That’s time better spend doing a lot of more important things, like thinning my overgrown bed of irises or cleaning the office. 

(Anyone need some free irises? Seems like a shame to throw all those rhizomes in the burn pile!)

It doesn’t sound like I would have gotten any bargains at the event anyway. Theoretically I could imagine scoring some undervalued or misidentified variations like I legendarily do at BreyerFest. Recent experience has taught me that my poker face isn’t as good as I think it is though, so I’ll just have to let the notion go. 

I have nothing else particularly interesting or important to say today: I have to save that energy for the paying gigs. I did recently unbox a few things – technically for the live show a couple weeks back, but I had been meaning to set them free eventually anyway: 

Ah, the joy of simple, solid colors! I really do think the Sable Island Pony release features the Croi Damsha’s best color to date, though her Sooty Palomino BreyerFest 2015 release Chanel is a very, very close second. 

And the color on the 2003 Walmart Man o’ War is just luscious: I believe he’s the only one of the three shown here that actually placed. It’s one of those rare colors that makes just about any mold look its best, you know? More of that, please! 

2 comments:

GWR said...

I love models that I can label as "brown" in my collection spreadsheet.

Suzanne said...

Love the Sable...came close to buying one a couple years ago but...I didn't realize that even though Amazon couldn't send one to my P.O. Box, I could have had it shipped to the house. I was so puzzled by "This item cannot be shipped to your address." And then other things went horribly wrong, and it wasn't important any more.

Yes! That Man O'War is fantastic! His paint job is amazing, it seems to be just red highlights over black, but done perfectly. Mine has a couple scrapes,, but still a beauty.