Thursday, December 16, 2021

Just Take My Paycheck, Please

This week has been pretty traumatic: dentist appointment on Monday (all good!), family medical emergency on Tuesday (everyone is home, and fine), and the Collectors Club Appreciation Event on Wednesday (got my order in in under two minutes, then went to bed.)

The CCA Event was just as much a surprise to me as everyone else; I thought that they’d be skipping it at this point too, but they decided to go with glossing last year’s 70th Anniversary Models – including the Chase Piece Smarty Jones! – and they all look amazing. 

The only CCA horse I’m slightly meh on is the Andalusian, because he’s not significantly different from previous gray-based Andalusian releases, and if I want to add more Moody Andalusians to the family (I do!), it’s going to be either the Slime Green and Silver BreyerFest Surprise SR or the original Black, with lavender undertones. I wouldn’t turn down a Glorioso, either.

The offer is still up, which isn’t entirely surprising, since (a) a lot of people I know opted out this year due to buyer fatigue, and (b) a lot of merchandise was already sold out or out of stock on the web site. For me, I wanted all of the new individually-carded Stablemates but they have been in short supply all year. So I had to opt for an Obsidian instead, whose sparkling dark floofiness has been distracting me every time I spied one in a store somewhere. 

(Also in my order: Omega Fahim, the Palominos and Pintos Stablemates Set, and both pairs of socks. All things I actually wanted.)

Oh, and I don’t know how that happened, but I also managed to get drawn for Zugspitze. The price was a little… painful, but a lot of that is our own darn fault for turning so many of these Web Specials into cash grabs. Of course the price is going to go up.

I’ve done okay with the Winter Web Specials in general; the only one that still makes me wince slightly in pain at the sight of him is Benasque, and he has that effect on a lot of hobbyists. 

Anyway, so all that’s possibly left for the year are the Christmas Day Special and the Winter Decorator Animal.

As long as the Christmas Day Special isn’t the Fell Pony or something Vintage like the Jeanne Mellin Herrick Friesian or Misty’s Twilight, I might be fine without it? I hope? We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it, I guess. (The current odds-on favorite is the Croi Damsha/Connemara, and I might be able to resist that.)

I’m a little more concerned about a potential Winter Decorator Animal, especially since my mind went to some interesting places last thinking of possible candidates. In addition to my perennial suggestions – the Silver Charm Elk, and a Wedgwood Blue Polled Hereford Bull – my exhaustion- and Benadryl-fueled brain also thought a Gold Charm Saint Bernard or a Rainbow Calico UniKitten would be pretty awesome.  

(You know you want it. Or want to see it!)

Edit: Fifteen minutes later... 

Collectors Club Exclusive Micro Run named Bunyan. 

Oh Sweet Jumping Jesus on a Pogo Stick!

I will now go into the shower and have a good long cry.

4 comments:

timaru star ii said...

If you can't go to the circus, sign up for Breyer. It's better than a movie and certainly more amusing than politicians.

But I am sorry about your long hopes. Still one might point out that you appear to have a power of suggestion that most of us don't.

(Says she, who chose a standing flame-mane liver chestnut for NaMo in 2018 and then watched Emerson and now Zafirah appear...)

I might know how you feel.

Anonymous said...

Bank account cringes everyone I open my email. Sm models, Zug, CC Appreciation, Blue bull, what will tomorrow bring? lol

Holly Ann Harris said...

Congratulations on your Zugspitze, I hope he's perfect and brings you much joy. Good luck with Bunyan, I hope you get one.

I just saw the photo of the 2022 RR Morgan. I've wanted this mold ever since I first saw the PC reveal, but I wanted a model in a regular Morgan color, so I've been waiting. Now Breyer has come through for me, as I'm a sucker for a rich dark chestnut and I think he's gorgeous. I'm going to pre-order him with my local dealer ASAP!

Boulder Sheep said...

Oh, that bull. I am trying to wait until the final Premier Club release, with regards to my wallet and budget. I successfully resisted the CCA event: none of the 70th Anniversary models desperately call to me, and the only thing I wanted on the website was La Mer with sparkle blankie and that was all sold out. I was pretty satisfied with saving myself $150 (and I didn't get pulled for Zugspitze, and while I'd have happily purchased him it would have been for his trade value) ...and then they release the bull.

(Andrea, I'm as amazed at your prognostication as everyone else. Well called!)

I don't hold my breath at the lottery picks, but if it did happen, well, oh, that bull.