Sunday, January 24, 2021

Feeling Lucky

This also happened last week:

I had to make a quick pit stop at Walmart to pick up a few things, and I figured that as long as I was there, I’d swing by the toy department and see if they had anything. I found an almost-empty box of Series 4 Unicorn Surprise bags, and after about five seconds of groping, I just dumped the contents of the box in my cart and figured I’d sort the mess out later. 

I didn’t get a chance to even open them up until a couple of days afterwards and whoa nellie, was I surprised!

Alas, my luck didn’t hold out, as I completely missed the $35.00 Presentation Collection Indian Pony on eBay Saturday night. And while I have been to the Kroger where the Billion Dollar Lottery Ticket was sold, multiple times – most recently about a month ago – the lucky winner wasn’t me, either.

C’est la vie.

I did buy a body box of old customs that had one item in particular that might be worth something, but it’ll probably be a couple of weeks before I see it and know for sure. And even if it isn’t what I think it is, I got the entire lot cheap enough as bodies to justify the price I paid for it anyway. 

Incidentally, if you’re curious, if I do happen to get a second BreyerFest ticket, my third and fourth choices would be Seurat (because I do love the painter he’s named after) and either Pollock or the Surprise. I think Pollock is neat, but others love him way more than I do, and I wouldn’t want my like to stand in their way of their love.

The only molds I can think of that would persuade me to keep a Surprise would be Bluegrass Bandit, or something Vintage like the Stretched Morgan or Buckshot, and both scenarios seem unlikely (though not impossible) to me.

It feels like a Stock Horse kind of year, and other than the Smart Chic Olena, I have no pressing need for more. But Surprises can surprise you, so you never know…

In other news, I’m mulling over entering the BreyerFest Photo Show again this year, and maybe even participating in whatever this online version of the Swap Meet will look like. 

With the online Swap Meet, I’m assuming that means that instead of simply tagging and bagging, I’ll have to take detailed photos of everything, and you know that’s not my favorite thing in the world to do.

But I do have a lot to sell, so I dunno, I might give it a shot. The results might also surprise me. 

No comments: