Sunday, January 31, 2021

Anxieties

First, let me thank everyone again for the effort in identifying The Magician’s Nephew! I used to think that identifying individual models – OF, Custom, and Test – would largely be a fool’s errand, but I am happy that time is proving me otherwise. 

And as I mentioned in the comments in the post previous, I had definitely been thinking Liz Bouras was a possibility, but I got lost in the thickets and had to stop. Looking at all those pretty ponies was starting to inspire me, and one of my resolutions this year was to put a (temporary) halt to new projects and finally sort out my mess of craft supplies once and for all. 

To the point of renting out a storage unit just to contain said craft supplies. (I knew I had a lot of fabric, but yikes!) Having it all off-site is going quite a way towards relieving my anxiety levels, too; every time I turned around all I’d see is another unfinished project, and that’s not good for either my mental or physical health. 

(Yes, physical: I am clumsy, and I literally trip over everything.)

Speaking of anxieties, I am glad now that I managed to actually get drawn for a VIP ticket, because there was no way I would have been able to be online on an early Monday afternoon. Not all of us have 24/7 Internet access, or (also, in my case) to a cell phone for a significant part of the day. 

While I am optimistic that the remaining tickets won’t be an instantaneous sellout, it’d be well over by the time I could have gotten online, regardless (about two hours, in my case.)

I am still on the fence about getting a second, All-Access ticket. I’m getting all of my “most-wants” on the VIP ticket already, and I need to cut back on the horse purchases this year, my recent finds notwithstanding. 

I have no idea how quickly the 9,000 or so All-Access Tickets will sell out; I am assuming the estimates Reeves made on the ticket count were based on the statistics last year, which might have been skewed because of refreshes and/or people attempting to log in under multiple accounts simultaneously. 

I’m just glad that it’s one less anxiety I have to deal with. 

I am also not super-keen on the fact that they’re using a Facebook page with no public access to answer questions about BreyerFest. Information like that needs to be completely public and completely transparent. 

On the other hand, I don’t have to witness people asking questions that could be answered by simply reading the actual web site. All that does is lead to me yelling at inanimate objects.

(I get that research is not everybody’s thing, but the web site is not as convoluted and difficult to navigate as its reputation says it is. Really.)

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

I am completely with you on screaming at inanimate objects when people don't read the facts that are laid out right in front of them!

Anonymous said...

I tend to rant instead of scream, but yes, can definitely empathize there. Sometimes, if it's a really good (bad?) one I'll go on so long I'll forget my original point (s)!

Anonymous said...

You're not missing much on the FB page. The blog on the website, as well as the FAQ have answered most of my questions. I even thanked them on FB when the FAQ was released, said it was very comprehensive when read carefully. Apparently this was so rare of a thing, that one of the mods thanked me personally. I was touched, but also felt bad for them. They obviously have had a lot of easy to answer questions asked.

Anonymous said...

The remaining tickets was very close to an instantaneous sellout- less than six minutes.

Glad I was chosen for my VIP, too!