Sunday, June 28, 2020

Basic Black Donkey

Well, I just retook about 75 percent of the pictures I originally took for the photo show, in addition to taking a whole bunch more.

So that was an interesting couple of days. (And yes, I’m much happier with the new photos, which is reason I retook them in the first place.)

I’m aiming for about 150 pictures/entries total, but I’ll be happy with at least 100. I’ll see where I end up by the end of the day today, and spend the rest of the week tweaking photos (mostly recropping and cleaning up backgrounds) and wrapping up documentation and stuff like that.

With 318 other entrants and some classes having potentially 600(!) entries, all I am hoping for is about ten placings - not actual wins, just ribbons. Anything above and beyond that will be… above and beyond my expectations.

I have a few hopefuls, but it’s never the ones I expect to do well that do well. I have heard the stories about the sometimes… unusual placements that go on.

The Anniversary Stablemates are out and the Chase pieces are - a Platinum Brishen and a Copenhagenish Indian Pony, with the Indian Pony being the apparent Super-chase piece.

That’s a bit of a curveball. The Platinum thing not so much - the 70th anniversary is a Platinum one, so I was expecting something of that color to show up somewhere - but the lack of Alborozos is surprising. Either they’re saving it for something else later on, or they’re just messing with our heads as far as packaging goes.

I haven’t gotten around to ordering a box yet, and I’m not in any rush to do so. My mind has been on other things, of course.

Since I’m photographing stuff, here’s another thing pulled from the stash that I don’t think I’ve featured recently, if at all: my near-Black Donkey!


This mold, as many of you know and love about it, comes in an insane number of unique variations, and the near-Black is one of the scarcer ones. My records say I picked her up at BreyerFest in 2006 for not a lot of money, though I can’t remember the particular details of this transaction.

Considering how popular extreme variations are right now, and Donkeys of all types in general, I doubt she would be as inexpensive today.

2 comments:

Hokieponiez said...

Ah she appears to have swirly plastic too looking at the hind leg nice longear :)

Denise said...

I love these super dark variations of the Donkey! I have just about every variation except the bay. Such a fun model to collect!