Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Not Hard At All

What’s nice about the Misty’s Twilight mold, the subject of this week’s Test Color Purchase Raffle, is that it’s a ridiculously easy mold to collect. The only two that pose any moderate difficulty - the 1996 Jamboree Flabbehoppen and the Spiegel Dressage Set Black in 1993 - both had piece runs of about 1000.

In other words, not hard at all.

Test Colors aren’t all that common on her, though. This isn’t surprising, since she’s probably the least collected of all the Jeanne Mellin Herrick molds, and there are a number of other more popular models in a similar running position that are far more likely to have bodies knocking about the factory.


I certainly wouldn’t mind owning her, though. I’ll put in some entries, and see what happens.

So I went to buy my Florian over the weekend, and decided what the heck, I was going to toss a Fabio into my order because this was the first Duende that I both liked AND could afford.

(Benasque and North Star? Yeah, not going there.)

And apparently a lot of others thought the same thing, because he’s already sold out!

Unless it’s a supply issue, like the Winx and Crystalline.

Probably not, and it’s not something I’m going to worry about too much, regardless, because I’m eyeing plenty of things on eBay. Nothing expensive, just body lots and potential upgrades, because I am an apparent glutton for punishment.

My attempts to upgrade things rarely work out, but hope springs eternal! And what’s a few more bodies for the body box, right?

Since I was determined to buy something else on the Breyer web site, I ordered the Fighting Stallion Tee-Shirt instead. I’ll probably have nowhere to wear it, outside of my possible imitation BreyerFest in June or July, or whenever I get my act together here.

Like everyone else, I have absolutely no idea what this undefined blob of a sneak peek actually represents:


I am going to assume it’s either a Classic mold or a Pony because (a) we haven’t seen the Pop-Up Store Classic Special yet, and (b) we’re still grievously short of Ponies. 

2 comments:

Carrie said...

This sneak peek made me rather snarky but now I'm having fun imagining that one of the web designers clipped the photo wrong & it's really the wall behind the photo setup. No one's noticed yet due to automated updates & staff limitations. XD
Here's hoping it actually is a pony!

Corky said...

I have the Fighting Stallion T-shirt! It's very comfortable, but a little bit more translucent than you'd expect. Maybe someday they'll release it in a darker or more intense color so that won't be an issue.