Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Waiting For Spring

I think I can say I just can’t with Winter anymore: Spring (or Michigan’s two-week equivalent before Summer kicks in) can’t get here soon enough.

One thing that has made the past few weary weeks better has been the unexpected arrival of these two beauties yesterday, courtesy of Dear Friend Shaun:


I had essentially given up actively looking for any of the Walmart Stablemates a few weeks back: it just wasn’t worth the effort, and one of my resolutions for the year was learning to let things go, anyway.

Worrying about something isn’t going to change the outcome, and other collectors are FAR more invested in the chase than I could ever be, regardless.

But this was a happy and welcome surprise, on another physically and emotionally draining day.

It’s been brought up before online – I can’t recall where, exactly – that the Teal and Copper Alborozo is taken directly from the Zodiac Series, specifically Virgo:


Neat! I guess that means that the previous Unicorn Alborozo was based my favorite Zodiac Series release, Cancer (aka Lobster Butt):


Is this a not-so-subtle hint of color schemes for future Unicorn Stablemates releases? Because if it is, I’d like to make a case for both the bronzy Capricorn and everybody’s favorite, the Bourbon Street-ish Sagittarius.

But preferably in a more accessible, non-chain-specific, non-blind bagged series without chase pieces. Michigan winters are challenging enough, guys. We deserve a little reward for even making it to the store in the first place!

2 comments:

Liz said...

The red Arabian and copper/pink Clydesdale are very similar to Zodiac Series releases, too! I wonder if we'll see more of those colors in the future.

Anonymous said...

I hope we see a lot more of the Zodiac colors on Stablemates! I would have loved a whole set of the Zodiacs, but I just don't have room. I bought few, but Sagittarius is the only one I kept.

I would love, love, LOVE a Stablemate set of glossy mini-me Zodiacs! <3