Monday, June 19, 2023

Familiar Faces

Just letting you guys know that we’re now entering my full-panic-mode-before-BreyerFest season, and things are going to get a little weird from here on out. I just cranked out about 3000 words for the Sampler over the weekend and I’m feeling no pain.

My left foot is another matter. (Long story, hopefully nothing.)

The new Mid-Year releases are both beautiful and oddly familiar. First there’s the portrait model Full Moon Rising, on the Strapless mold:

Her paint job looks quite similar to the uber-popular Bay Roan Sabino G1 Draft Horse, from the 2004 Parade of Breeds Set. 

Apparently that little guy shows really well; I’m just annoyed by the high price the entire set it comes in goes for. It came out back when I wasn’t being diligent about buying all the Christmas Stablemates sets, and now I will have to pay the price. 

The first realistic, Regular Run release of Fireheart, a Flaxen Chestnut Overo named Mojave, also looks very familiar:

His warm undertones, poofy hair and rugged chonkiness reminds me a great deal of the #3065 Classic Love Mustang Family Stallion, who was originally in production from 1976 through 1990. My example is quite the looker, and always shows really well for me. I think he has NANed at least twice so far, in very competitive Mustang classes:

Oddly, the Classic Mustang Stallion has only come in Pinto once and Appaloosa once in the past 47(!) years; Fireheart’s very brief production history has been much more colorful!

1 comment:

Lydia Lepic said...

I ended up with a nicely done Bolero this year, but I'm not really into glossies. (The thing that tipped me in favor of keeping him was how well he "plays" with my only other glossy, Flame: The Island Stallion.) The midyear release Mojave is really pretty...So tempting! But I have more pintos than anything else, and my unintentional habit is to only get two on a mold before my heart wanders. ;) So I may hold out for a Stein or something yet-to-be-imagined. I also really like the new Strapless! I'm glad they're starting to have a nice streak of pretty RR horses that aren't just solid black. Don't get me wrong, I love a black horse (Black Beauty, The Black, Bucephalus, etc... So many awesome horses.) But I love me some good shading and primitive markings on a horse.
P.S. I hope I get to meet you at BreyerFest! It's my first year getting to go!