Thursday, July 10, 2014

Having a fun time, wish you were...

Well, actually, most of you are here, or will be.

I had some interesting technical issues getting down to Kentucky this time, beginning with Vita eating a part of my costume shortly before I had to leave. Then there was a problem with Florian's radio that had me yelling at the poor tech support people while I was stuck on a very rainy and very scary section of I-75.

But I am here, and I am (mostly) well. Still coughing up unspeakable things from my lungs, but the coughing fits are becoming less frequent and less terrifying.

Up late tonight working on the diorama; to give you an idea of the kind of detailing I'm doing on this thing, I just made a tiny umbrella. Earlier today I stuck a MiniWhinnies Foal in a teeny-tiny shopping bag, and made an itty-bitty pair of nunchucks. (Have you figured out what I'm doing, yet?)

Sometime during the afternoon I also ate a pickle. That's not in any way related to the diorama, but I thought I'd like to share, anyway. There was also some discussion of a wandering magical chair. Possibly wearing a top hat.

(No, really, and I'm fine. Yes, I will be going to bed very, very shortly.)

It's absolutely true that the Clarion has been - and continues - to make actual physical improvements to the facilities. There's an elevator in the 500/600 wing that's allegedly going to be functional this weekend: we'll see how long THAT lasts. (Talk about a trial by fire!) Elevators in the other wings are also apparently in the works, so second floor rooms may no longer be an issue in the future.

My room's toilet is no longer haunted, either. I'm not sure that's an improvement; I had become so accustomed to the strange sounds that emanated from it that the Room 312 now feels like it's missing a bit of its ambiance.

On the other hand, the 300/400 wing now has fridges and microwaves, whoo-hoo! I'm so excited I want to buy candymaking supplies and make some microwave fudge and Rice Crispies treats. (NOTE: This is probably not going to actually happen.)

My sales have been relatively modest so far; more lookers than buyers so far this year. I haven't done much shopping yet; however, I did spot a couple of interesting variations in the 500s that might end up coming home with me. They're not on the top of my official want list, but I fear they may be coming home with me anyway. You know how that goes.

Okay, now I really am going to go to bed now. Another post tomorrow, possibly.

1 comment:

LostInAn80sFog said...

BAHAHA! Love your diorama already. Can't wait to see pictures :)