Saturday, January 20, 2024

Back Again

Hey everybody. 

Sorry about the lack of updates, but I have been having a rough week and was physically incapable of doing anything. Going forward for the next few or several weeks, depending on the diagnosis, my posting schedule will be pretty limited and probably not too focused on model horses. I am aiming for once a week, or whenever I have something I need to say.

I am home now and have a lot of doctor appointments lined up for next week. I am still a little uncomfortable about revealing any more until I get a confirmed diagnosis, but I can tell you that BreyerFest looks very questionable at this point. I was so looking forward to the cake...

(It was to celebrate my fiftieth anniversary of collecting. Yellow cake with gold frosting, with maybe a Traditional Man o War on top.)

Since it is very unlikely I will be returning to work anytime soon, either, I would love to have more model horse friends to talk shop with if you happen to be in the area. I have access to my computer now so feel free to e-mail me or call me whenever you can. I will answer when my time, my energy level, and my schedule allows.

Beyond that, all I am trying to do now is get my pain under control and find out where I put my appetite. 

Again, thank you for all your kind thoughts and well wishes; I am always amazed how the model horse community rises to the occasion when it needs to: it truly is the best of all possible hobbies.

(Well, except for the scammers, cheaters and thieves. Those guys always suck, in or out of the hobby.)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home! I hope your test go well. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are home! Rest and concentrate on getting well!

Hokieponiez said...

We've been thinking about ya keep positive regardless of any diagnostics the mind is a powerful thing ❤️

Suzanne said...

Glad to hear your home! Yes, just do what you need to do. Don't hesitate to get second opinions. Yellow cake with gold frosting!

Suzanne said...

"you're" *sigh*

Mindy said...

I am glad you are back home.

The golden cake will be much more celebrated once you are recovered and CAN eat it!

Please know you have so many rooting for you! And at least if in person Breyerfest is off the table, there is the virtual side to at least be there to keep some Breyerfest fun alive for you.

Lupa said...

Wishing you the absolute best possible outcome of your health issues. It's good to hear from you again.

Anonymous said...

So glad you’re back home! Wishing you the very best. You have all of us rooting for you.

Anonymous said...

What a relief to see your post! No matter what, home is always preferable to the hospital. I echo the sentiment that if you ever feel like you need one, for any reason, do seek second opinions, and be an advocate for your own health. Doctors are just people with good and bad days, too. I hope you’re warm, finding something worth snacking on, and know how much you mean to a lot of folks, however nebulous.

equusentric said...

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Corky said...

So glad you're back home! Best of luck with the doctor appointments, and I'm still sending healing thoughts your way!

Leslie R. said...

Happy to hear you are at home Andrea. What a wonderful cake idea you have there! Wishing you positivity, luck and smiles this upcoming week.

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home and wishing you continued improved health! Also hoping that even if Breyerfest is not in the cards this year, that it will be in a not too distant future year.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're home! Best wishes for a speedy recovery and hopefully you can still make it to Breyerfest! A lot has happened since you last posted, you have much to catch up on.

Christi said...

Glad you're home, and hopefully on the way to getting things figured out. I'm not in your area (Missouri, actually), but if you want to email someone who's been collecting since the early 80s, I think my email is connected to this. Maybe. Good luck with all the appointments. May your doctors be running on time and have either decent magazines or good cell signals in their waiting rooms.

Shaunzee said...

Always always a phone call or text away, and you know I’ll reach out as much as possible. I love you so very much, lady! Remember - this is OUR THEME. Room 312 FOREVER!!! <3

Kiri said...

Being sick sucks!! Please get better soon!

Anonymous said...

❤️

Hokieponiez said...

Hope you made it through all your appointments easily, I know this can be such a difficult time of year.

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon Andrea! I’m so sorry you aren’t feeling well. Absolutely LOVE your blog and following you for all things model horses. You always have the inside scoop!

Heather said...

I hope your health is improving, it sucks getting older! Wishing you a speedy recovery! L