Tuesday, July 9, 2019

It's that time of year, again...

Just about everything’s been uploaded, downloaded, printed, prepped and packed. Packing the new car’s been a challenge – the configuration is completely different than the previous car, so figuring out what goes where has been…a puzzle, both literally and figuratively.

(I’d also like to thank our local crazy-awesome independent dollar store Debby’s Dollar for the assist this year with making the trip more affordable. And for the candy: come try the mystery taffy!)

I think I’m way more chill about BreyerFest at this point than I ought to be. I don’t even have the nagging feeling that I’m forgetting something, though I almost certain am.

Since I’m on a slightly tighter than usual budget, and I have too much darn stuff anyway, I’ll probably keep shopping at the Clarion to a minimum. That doesn’t mean I won’t take a look anyway, and if the right thing magically appears in front of me (like the Golden Charm Man o’ War) all that will go out the window.

I might buy slightly more than average tickets for the Saturday Raffle item North Star. The Duende mold hasn’t done anything for me one way or another, but that color is really something. He’d make a nice companion for my Showboat, for sure!

No plans on attending the auction – definitely not in my budget ballpark – but I know who I like: the Bay Roan Varnish Appaloosa Dundee!


Sine the Few-Spot True North I loved so much last year got top dollar, I would not be surprised if the Dundee does, too. The Legionario in a magnificently executed Gloss Primitive Red Dun will go pretty high, too. I mean, just look at him!


I would buy that color on almost anything. (Hint, hint.)

Other big moneymakers will probably include the Gloss Bay Marwari, because it’s Gloss Bay, and the Rainbow Croi Damsha because that Gloss Rainbow Overo Pinto paint job makes a lot of people lose their minds. (Personally I can take it or leave it.)

I know there’s been some speculation that there’s at least one “surprise” that’s being withheld from us – like they did with the Silver Charm Surprises for the 25th anniversary. I have no special insight on whether or not that’s going to happen (really, honest!), but I wouldn’t put it past them, either.

Frankly, I can’t get too excited about it because I haven’t even gotten a Glossy Surprise model since 2012 – an extra-limited something-something? Nah. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The ELCR red dun Lady Phase needs a boyfriend, and that Legionario's colorway would look super spiffy on Stud Spider. Or give her a girlfriend and put it on Bobby Jo...