Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Tapped Out

It figures that they put the winner of the “My Strongest Suit” Contest up for sale today – the day after I place my order for Gwenevere! Oh well, it’s not like I’m swimming in extra cash after my adventure at the Secretary of State’s office this past afternoon.

(Two hours to resolve an issue with renewing my plates. Two hours of icy glares and uncomfortable small talk with strangers, some of whom were unnaturally obsessed with plumbing. A big old “Thbppt!” to this day, for sure!)

I’ll just take it as a hint that I probably shouldn’t be spending that money, especially after my splurge on Saturday – which, incidentally, finally saw me purchasing that Walmart Stablemates Set that was always one step ahead or behind me. Thank you, Janet!


Since I’m talking Stablemates, I like what I’ve seen so far with this year’s One-Day Stablemates – I pretty much expected the Darwin and Brishen, and I thought the Magnolia was a possibility too.

The new Standing Warmblood is a bit of an outlier, though: if they were going to go with all-new molds instead of mixing it up, the Alborozo seems like the more obvious choice. Especially since they’re going for Mini Me’s of previous popular BreyerFest releases! Mini Alborozo as… a Mini Me Alborozo. right?

But that just leaves it open to being the Pop-Up Store Stablemate – in Matte, Gloss, the Early Bird Special Alegria, or either of the Auction Pieces, in Smutty Palomino or Gloss Dapple Red Bay. Or maybe all of the above!

Or maybe not. That could get very messy, very quickly. We’ll just have to wait and see. There’s also the looming possibility of a 10-piece booster pack of the 20th Anniversary Stablemates Set, too.

Judging from the reactions I’m seeing online so far (FYI: this involved about five minutes worth of searching on my part) I am not going to make the same mistake I did last year and assume there will be sufficient will-call leftovers to go around later.

Though if they were smart, Reeves would double their usual orders on the mini Brishen and Darwin, alone. The original 2013 Raffle model Boot Scootin’ Boogie was pretty, but I was not heartbroken about not getting one. So I was not expecting to like the teeny clone Toe Tapper as much as I do:


He is just so insufferably cute! What is this strange magic of shrinking that did such wonders to him? 

(Note to self: just buy the dang Stablemates, Andrea. It’s a lot less painful than the alternative.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been hoping for a new BF celebration models stablemate set featuring models from 2010 up. The only one I think would be hard to do is Nazruddin because of the ears (maybe do a new mold)! So fingers crossed they do it!