Monday, August 13, 2018

The Pursuit

Since I took a big step today in alleviating the incredibly high stress levels I’ve been experiencing for the past few months, I decided to buy an off-the-shelf horse or two to celebrate. I was originally going to go with an LV Integrity, on the Yasmin mold, but I came home with some Stablemates instead:


The shading on the Icelandic is amazing; he has a few minor production boo-boos that’ll preclude me from showing him, but my primary objective today was Ooo, Pretty Horsies and he fits the bill.

The G2 Thoroughbred was chosen because I particularly like his spots. All of the others had bigger and cleaner spots, and his randomly-sized freckles really stood out in contrast. I also liked the fact that he is not actually black but either a very, very dark gray or roaning black.

Another thing I’ll be doing to alleviate the stress this week? Not doing a darn thing to follow up or pursue any of the latest crazy/rare/obscure Stablemates floating around. Because now apparently, there are some at Tractor Supply too?

Cripes. 

There are ten – yes, ten – Tractor Supply Stores within an hour’s driving distance to me, including one that’s just down the road. But I am not going to go make any special effort to get to any of them in pursuit of the Copper Florentine Django, the Unicorn Alborozo paint kit, or anything else.

I don’t want to feel like I’m being forced to buy anything because they might be even more unaffordable later than they are now. In every other nonmonetary term – time, money, and headspace – they’re already unaffordable.

If I happen to be in the vicinity, or driving by in pursuit of something else, of course I’ll stop in and take a look. But I don’t have the resources for anything more than that.

I have more immediate things to worry about. Like how I managed to lose my keys inside my car for a half-hour last week. (I know the past couple of weeks have been rough on my psyche, but seriously?)

If I want some new horses, you’ll find me over in the Regular Run aisle, doing some handpicking.

3 comments:

timaru star ii said...

Dang, I've always wanted that chestnut Icelandic. He is beautiful.

Yvonne said...

I lost my keys inside the car last week for about 20 mins! You are not alone! And I drove 2 hours to my nearest TSC to get the copper Django. Not amazingly impressed with him - so you aren't missing out on too much!

Christi said...

I can top the keys-in-the-car story. Well, not personally. We went to see the NASA Destination Moon traveling exhibit this month (extremely cool, btw!) and one of the displays is a story about Gemini VII. Apparently, a few days into the mission, Frank Borman's toothbrush disappeared in the Gemini spacecraft, and he and Jim Lovell shared a toothbrush for the next week and a half. They never did find his toothbrush. Which is impressive, considering how small those spacecraft were.