Thursday, December 12, 2013

Equal Time for the Palomino

In the interest of fairness, here is my Palomino Quarter Horse Yearling - with a Blue Ribbon Sticker!


She has the USA mark, so she’s probably slightly later than the Liver Chestnut one. (1970 was the year that the USA marks were introduced for most - but not all - existing Breyer molds.)

Stickers on Quarter Horse Yearlings are uncommon, because the mold was introduced in 1970, which I believe to be the last year for the Blue Ribbon Sticker program. Other molds and releases introduced that year are also somewhat uncommon with stickers, including the Indian Ponies, Yellow Mount, the Scratching Foal, and the Dall Sheep.

(There was a really nice stickered Dall Sheep on eBay a couple weeks ago, in fact, but he was just a little bit out of my price range. Darn it all!)

If I am recalling correctly, this Yearling was purchased in a group lot with several other rarities, so whether or not she was a bargain is a matter of debate. I am happy to have her, whatever her "real price" was.

I suppose in the market as it is now, I might make that money back, but I rarely seem to make a profit on box lots like some people do. The storage tub of Hartlands I found earlier this year was the exception, not the rule. (I still have a few odds and ends left from that lot I need to sort and price out!)

I’ve listed genuinely rare items that sold for body prices, and I’ve listed perfectly ordinary things that generated crazy bidding wars. It usually averages out in the end, but it does make me wonder sometimes if the effort I spend in preparing my sales items is mostly for naught.

(Other than the cleaning. I find that personally therapeutic, regardless of the return on investment.)

That’s why I tend to take a somewhat measured approach to box lots. Either they have to be cheap enough that I can at least break even selling them as bodies, or there has to be one or more items in the lot that are collection must-haves - AND I can still get most of my money back selling the rest at body-level prices.

I just bought a nice little box lot earlier last week that fell into the latter category. Most of you will laugh when you see what it was that motivated me to buy it.

1 comment:

nguyenhuong said...

Thanks for sharing! Nice post!
Máy đưa võng em bé với may dua vong tu dong loai nao tot hay may dua vong tu dong giúp bé ngủ ngon mà máy đưa võng tự động không tốn sức ru võng. Võng tự động hay may dua vong gia re chắc chắn, gọn gàng, dễ tháo xếp, dễ di chuyển và máy đưa võng dễ dàng bảo quản.
Chia sẻ các cách chữa bệnh ngáy khi ngủ hay loài chó thông minh nhất thế giới hay lắc vòng có bị vô sinh không hay cách trị gàu hiệu quả nhất hay giải mã giấc mơ thấy người chết hay cách chống nắng bằng trà xanh hay Collagen trị mụn được không hay chữa mất ngủ bằng gừng đơn giản, bí quyết làm trắng da bằng cà phê và dầu dừa hay giảm cân nhanh bằng gạo lứt hq hay mẹo giúp tăng cường trí nhớ hiệu quả, những thực phẩm giúp cải thiện trí nhớ hiệu quả, hay bệnh viêm khớp không nên ăn gì hay mẹo giúp giảm độ cận thị cho bạn, bí quyết chống nắng với cà chua cực hiệu quả, cách giúp bé ngủ ngon giấcthực phẩm giúp bé ngủ ngon mẹ nên biết, chia sẻ cách làm trắng da toàn thân bằng thực phẩm, những món ăn chữa bệnh mất ngủ hiệu quả.

Những thực phẩm tốt cho da tại http://thucphamtotchoda.blogspot.com/
Chăm sóc da mặt ở http://chamsocdamato.blogspot.com/
Cách chăm sóc da mặt bằng http://cachchamsocdamatbang.blogspot.com/
Dạy trẻ sơ sinh tại http://daytresosinh.blogspot.com/
Bí quyết giảm cân hay tại http://biquyetgiamcanhay.blogspot.com/