Sunday, March 22, 2020

Klaus and Friends

After much consideration, I’ve decided to pass on both the Grab Bags and the Goji Berry Pony, who I had almost completely forgotten I had been picked for in the first place.

Because I only entered once, out of habit.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s adorable – and as some have pointed out, is obviously related to the Exclusive Event Cleveland Bay Chicory somehow – but I just can’t justify him right now.

The Traditional Fjord is also a harder than normal mold to collect – the 2015 Diorama Contest Truffles and WEG Fjord re-release are not just rare numerically, but also in a “never gets puts up for sale, ever” sort of way. I think I’ll just be content with the ones I already have, and any inexpensive ones that happen to wander my way on the secondary market.

Better to open and enjoy what I have right now than seek out more goodies in the meantime, anyway. Like my Stablemates Club Klaus and Vintage Club Misty and Stormy:


(Those tiny boxes never get old!)

It’s been a few weeks and there’s probably not much more that could be said about either release – though I like the Klaus more than most. As you might expect, the crisp edges and lack of halo spots doesn’t bother me much at all, and I’m (also, obviously) one who enjoys a release that’s designed to be an historical recreation of Lipizzaners past:

http://www.appaloosamuseum.com/history-of-the-appaloosa

(Which reminds me to make a mental note to add Carina and Selene to my potential BreyerFest want list.)

As I am kinda behind on what I wanted to accomplish this weekend (quarter-inch elastic is apparently sold out everywhere, putting a crimp on my cosplay plans) that’s all I have for you guys today.

Oh, other than this: for reasons that should be obvious (the color scheme, but also my generalized weirdness), it seemed pretty obvious to me that my Klaus’s name should be Nomi. As in Klaus Nomi:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's one dopey looking foal... especially in the eyes, at least how they're posed in that photo. Beautiful paint job though!

Corky said...

Thumbs up to Klaus Nomi!