Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Lady Roxana, Revised?

With a dentist appointment, Christmas shopping, the looming CC Appreciation Sale, and the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover thing melting my brain this week, you are not going to get a whole lot out of me today, except for a picture of my Avoriaz:


It’s a Filigree! I’ve  decided to name her Etelka, after one of my Hungarian Great-Grandmother’s sisters. So this genealogy research is paying off after all!*

You know who the PC Lipizzaner Mare reminds me of? The two-point contact trot, arched neck, an artfully swished tail serving as the third point-of-contact?

She’s kind of what I imagine Lady Roxana would have looked like if Rich Rudish had had more time to actually finish and refine her!

Normally I’d just be happy with this Filigree Avoriaz as my one and only, but I think I have to acquire the Rose Gold Charm version sometime in the not too distant future. I have been considering selling off one of my previous CC Appreciation Glossies…

Not this week, though. Probably.

*(In case you want to know – probably not, but I am going to tell you anyway – that my Belgian Great-Grandmother’s name was Alida, just like the Marabella Unicorn release from a few years back. Which I assume – like the other two examples I brought up earlier this year – is just a coincidence, unless a near-future release of the new Rhenish German Coldblood mold is named after my Belgian Great-Grandfather or one of his brothers. Then I might have to have a little discussion with some people in New Jersey about boundaries.)

4 comments:

pawprint said...

Poor Lady Rox -- I've always kind of liked her and wished she looked more like an actual horse. I think you're right that the Lipizzan mare kinds of shows what she could have been. I've often thought the same about the National Show Horse as well.

Anonymous said...

Wow, she is channeling Lady Roxana! I can't unsee it now.

Hokieponiez said...

Yes infinite earths!!! I am a bit confused as I dont watch all the shows it involves, but yay crazy crossover!!!

timaru star ii said...

a "LITTLE" discussion??!? They're already perilously close to reading every word we write... As my husband says under these circumstances: Love you too.
And your Avoriaz.