Saturday, February 16, 2019

Choices To Be Made

Where am I going? What am I doing? What day is it, again?

With all that I’ve gone through over the past two weeks, I really should have slept straight through this weekend. But alas, with all the things I need to get caught up on, there shall be no rest for the wicked…

My Fiero – the Stablemate, not the vintage car* – arrived yesterday, and surprise, I got the Gloss:


I truly did not have a favorite between the Matte and the Gloss, though getting the Gloss right off the bat certainly will help down the road, if I decide I need more of this mold in my life.

I’m more of a Gloss Bay kind of girl anyway, so I am very happy to see a Gloss Bay Roxy announced as the next BreyerFest Special Run, the DC-inspired (finally!) Diana:


One of the hottest colors going right now (Gloss Bay) on a fairly popular and versatile mold (Roxy)? Methinks she’ll be high on a lot of attendees’ want lists!

Though I am going to cringe when the inevitable Solid vs. Spotted paint job discussions will flare up. We all know that song by heart, don’t we? “Why Does Everything Have To Be Spotted?” vs. “Solid Colors Are So Boring!” is like the Coke vs. Pepsi of the Model Horse World.

(Incidentally, while I am neutral on both topics, my Dad was a Pepsi loyalist who for some reason did not particularly like Appaloosas.)

If I don’t watch myself, BreyerFest is going to be especially expensive for me year.

And finally, let’s not forget another recent addition to this household, the Vintage Club Stablemate Rosemary:


Mostly she reminds me that I really need to map out all the subtle – and not so subtle – changes in the early Stablemates blister packaging, because it’s one of those little history things that bothers me to pieces for some reason. (In the same way the Family Arabian Foal mold alterations drive me bats.)

I am also amused that somehow – in spite of my utter lack of input on this particular matter – that she was the second of two releases in the 2018 Vintage Club that shared a name with a family relative. (Mae was my Grandmother’s little sister; Rosemary is a second cousin.)

Which is totally freaky, but I am just going to assume it is a coincidence. If they had named the Charcoal Shannondell Basil, Marcel, or Camille (my Great-Grandfather and his two brothers, respectively)... then there would have been a discussion to be had with someone at Breyer HQ.

(*You’ll get to meet my actual new car soon. Phyllis was a little camera-shy today.)

No comments: