Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Little Things

Didn’t get a Muir Woods, which is fine, because I found out last night that I probably need to get a new car much sooner than later.

It’s nothing tragic, just chronic. I was kind of hoping to wait until shortly before BreyerFest, but the weather and Michigan’s road system are telling me otherwise.

I already have some prospects lined up and financing won’t be an issue, but fewer discretionary purchases in the short term certainly won’t hurt.

That’s kind of a long way to say that I’m trying to keep it short today!

Oh well…

First, you might have noticed I added something to the sidebar – basically a list of all the current and/or ongoing discount codes for the Breyer web site. They’ve been throwing so many different discount codes at us I thought it might be a good thing to keep track of them all in one place.

This doesn’t benefit me financially, except to help me remember to enter the codes when applicable so I can get the dang discounts in the first place. It’s kind of the same deal with the links: they are as much for my benefit as yours, if not more so.


There is not much else I want to add today, other than the fact that my horse inventorying is… coming along. I was a bit surprised to find that in the mess of Stablemates I purchased last year, I acquired five different Dungarees – the Glow in the Dark Palomino Pinto, the Mystery Foal Surprise Bay, the Regular Run Chestnut Semi-Leopard Appaloosa, Spirit Series 2 Boomerang, and the Walmart Horse Crazy Surprise Fleabitten Gray.

Which leaves me with only two more releases to complete my set: the Leopard Appaloosa from the #6026 Western Play Set, and the 2014 Big Easy Bash Gloss Bay Overo Moon Pie.

The Play Set is still available, and will be acquired later in this year after the new monthly budget is sorted out.

Moon Pie will be a little more challenging. She isn’t one of the more desirable of the Exclusive Events Stablemates, but she’s still limited, Glossy, and a Stablemate – and that’s almost the unholy trinity of hobby pricing factors.

Though I haven’t had that bad of luck in acquiring a few of the other Exclusive Event Stablemates, actually, so maybe there might be hope after all. Especially now that everyone is distracted by that adorable little Premier Club Lipizzaner Darwin.

(Oh, there better be a Regular Run release of that little darling this year. Though I’d also settle for a BreyerFest Special, too.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mystery foal family in the middle has two stallions, did you notice? I wonder if anyone at breyer noticed or cared.

pawprint said...

Thanks for the sidebar links -- I'm always forgetting those codes too so this will really help!