Saturday, September 9, 2017

Cliff Diving 2: Sparky and Jules

Still trying to process this….



Yep, I bought two carousel horses, including the screamy guy I kind of fell in love with. His legs are a mess, but dat face! 

Technically, it’s more like pieces of two carousel horses, but the better and fancier horses went for better and fancier money, and the prices for these guys were in the “moderately desirable Web Special Run” range.

I still can’t believe I did that, though. It feels like I just bought two real rescue horses and now I have to make arrangements to get them taken care of, ahhh….

No, actually, feels more like last year when I took that chance on the Chasing the Chesapeake Event. I was mildly to moderately terrified at the enormity of the task ahead of me, but it turned out wonderful in the end.

This will too.

If this does anything, it will motivate me to do that serious herd thinning I’ve been putting off. Partly because I’ll need the money to get Sparky and Jules all fixed up, and also to make a place for them in the house.

(Can you guess who is who?)

I’ll also probably be abandoning a lot of my customizing and craft projects because cripes almighty, I just took on the two biggest craft projects ever…

(Not the quilts, though. Quilt projects are carpool-friendly.)

Breathe girl, breathe.

5 comments:

Truson said...

OMG!!! OMG!!! YOU DID IT! You done made The Great Enabler here proud, girl! :D

Christi said...

Wow!! Congratulations!
A carousel horse is a pipe dream of mine that will likely never happen. Not even sure where I'd put one. :)

buckpony said...

You are living my DREAM! I have always wanted a carousel horse - either to make one or restore one. Gosh, I envy you so much!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!!!

buckpony said...

HAHAHA - and just for the record, I own 3 rescue ponies (small, medium and large ponies) and a rescue horse (all paints who sadly suffered some form of abuse/starvation/neglect).... the ponies reside with me and the horse currently resides at my parents' place until we can expand our barn one more time to include 4 stalls... I would have room for 2 carousel rescues, too.... :) If I sold my huge herd of Breyer and Stone horses, I might be able to rescue more live horses and ponies, but hubby says no way.... We'll see. :)
I thoroughly enjoy your blog and photos of your cool finds.

Anonymous said...

HOLY CARP, that's amazing!!! I'm officially madly jealous.