Sunday, April 8, 2012

In My Easter Bonnet

Another disquieting thought: Reeves may have more pictures of me than my friends and family do. The most recent example:

http://www.breyerhorses.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=1859

Gah! I don’t think I’ll ever get used to seeing pictures of myself, even in costume. That’s what I get for nosing around the Breyer web site looking for fresh material to complain about.

If nothing else, it should make for some interesting news stories, lest I ever fall into sudden fame, or disrepute.

It does illustrate the conundrum I face regarding this year’s costume contests: I didn’t win last year. But they’re using me for promotional purposes. (Actually, most the photos they’ve been from promotional purposes are nonwinners - I don’t know if it’s just a coincidence, or intentional.)

I’m flattered and all, but what do I do now - do I break out Princess Beezus again, or go with a completely different idea? Because you know me, I have ideas.

Man, my life is way more complicated than it needs to be!

Due to family commitments, I am unable to provide y’all with something substantial today, so I shall present to you another photograph of another Test Color type thing from my herd:


A Bay Pinto Roemer! Yes, it’s the same pattern as the Black Pinto "Domino" from the Domino Gift Set issued in 1994. Couldn’t tell you anything more about him or where he came from; when I bought him, I forgot to ask the seller for any more details about his origins.

I don’t care what anybody says, I kinda like the Roemer mold. Like the Misty’s Twilight and the Touch of Class molds, I consider him more of a three-dimensional representation of an antiquated style of equine illustration than a faithful reproduction of an actual horse.

Showring-worthy? Probably not. I still think he’s pretty fabulous.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I wondered if I'd ever see this guy again. (I was the 2nd highest bidder when he was on eBay a while back.) Glad to see he found a good home! If I remember correctly, he was the subscription raffle model for THHN in 1999 or 2000.

Amber said...

Unfortunately, I cannot track down my THHN magazines, but he is mentioned in Message #55727 on Haynet (Sept. 2000). Good luck researching him!

ANDREA said...

Thanks! I'll have to print that out for my records.

Anonymous said...

I have a special place in my heart for Roemer...I remember exactly where I was and when I got him (went to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for a winter weekend visit when I was around 12) I just unpacked him after 10 years at my parent's and thought....wow he doesn't quite look how I remembered. But that aside he will always be special.