Friday, February 12, 2021

It’s Always Something

The Good: My Glossy Cheesecake is finally here!

The Bad: My seed order also arrived and they shipped the wrong seeds. The one variety I was most looking forward to getting started – the Superbissima Petunias – was listed on my receipt, but I got Purple Nasturtiums instead. 

Sigh. It’s always something. (Calls made, e-mails sent, yadda yadda, blah blah…)

The details of the BreyerFest contests are now up – for the Diorama, Customs, and also (surprisingly!) the Costume Contest. The Diorama and Costume Contests are what I expected them to be – doing something art-historically inspired – though oddly limiting your inspiration to just three online repositories of copyright-free images. 

This I assume is a way of getting around some potential legal issues, but I already had some ideas for both the Diorama and Costume Contest that are now off the table because they’re not in those specific repositories. 

Well, there’s the one, but that’s gonna be a hard one to pull off…

I do have a couple of customs languishing on my craft table that could be worked into a Customs Contest entry somehow. But it’s going to be a couple months before I can get started on anything like that, and I’ll be running short on time because I always do with my Samplers, no matter how much I plan. 

The Sampler takes priority over everything, and especially over my inevitably-doomed-to-failure contest entries. And at least one of the Contest page pictures is an unpleasant reminder of the failure part. 

(It was a rough week, okay? I got into an argument with someone about math, for heaven’s sake! Math!)

I might just skip out on all of these contests entirely again because, and I repeat myself, I don’t have time for any of this. (I should have been in bed an hour ago, but let us not get into that.) This is a danged shame, because I was an Art History major in college and this is unexpectedly and delightfully shaping up to be totally my jam

Something more substantial and actually history related next time, I promise.

No comments: