Thursday, January 16, 2020

No Peeking!

As I expected, I did not get in on the first selection go-round for the Seattle Soiree. I am not one of those people who gets picked for everything I enter, and I do not have a whole lot of sway or say in the matter, regardless.

All I can do is put my (single!) entry in and like everyone else, hope for the best.

With a caveat: I can only give myself until the end of January as far as waitlists (ha!) go; after that, the cost of travel goes up, and decisions about other plans have to be made.

This whole week – aside from that OMG moment in the Crisis on Infinite Earths event on Tuesday (THAT CAMEO!!!) – has been kind of a wash.

Some of the 2020 models are hitting the stores now; if I’m feeling up to it, I might coast by one or two of my local stores on Friday to check them out to cheer myself up. I have no plans on buying anything, though, but we all know how that works. 

I’m kind of surprised we haven’t seen any more BreyerFest Special Run reveals or teases yet – the first actual tease last year was on January 15th. All the hubbub about the Soiree is probably monkeying up the works a bit.

The only unintentional (and allegedly unauthorized) “sneak peek” currently making the rounds is Winx, on the Emerson mold:


I don’t know any more about it than anyone else; there’s some speculation that it will get an earlier release overseas (like Australia), which would make sense, since that was the source of the original leak.

I am presuming it is going to be a Mid-Year release, and therefore available by BreyerFest – in the store, or through dealers either foreign or domestic – so while I wouldn’t classify her as an official BreyerFest model, it’s certainly something a lot of us will be looking for in Kentucky this July.

Incidentally, I am giving serious consideration towards throwing caution to the wind and marshaling all my resources into saving up for the Pinto variation of last year’s Rocket that just about broke my spirit. If I can’t have a Riddle, maybe a Pinto Rocket will do.

No comments: