Thursday, October 10, 2019

Shrink Ray, Activated!

Alas (and as I feared), it appears I will not be able to make it to the local Fun Day next weekend.

Darn it! The past week has been kinda stressful and I really could have used a “Horse Girl’s Day Out” kind of thing. I guess I’ll just have to content myself with pizza and the Friday night TCM Godzilla movie marathons for the next few weekends instead. (Original Japanese cuts with subtitles, because that is how I roll!)

Anyway, I noticed last night that Reeves was starting to put up all of next year’s club and event stuff on the web site, and some of the pages went live today, including the 2020 Collector Club memberships.

With the “Deluxe” level of membership, you’ll get a Stablemates-scale Fighting Stallion in Gloss Palomino:


Reeves turning its “shrink ray” on some of its Vintage molds is something many of us had hoped and/or expected, and it makes perfect sense that the first of these is being released in conjunction with next year’s 70th anniversary celebration.

It’ll be fun to see who – or what – else gets shrinky-dinked. I’m assuming that the rest of the original “Decorator Five” – the Mustang, Five-Gaiter, and Running Mare and Foal – will be up next. But then who? The Family Arabians? The Clydesdales? Man o’ War (please?)

It should be pointed out that the item in the promotion pictures probably isn’t the Stablemate Fighting Stallion itself, but – more than likely – a Test Color on the Traditional mold. (I’m not 100 percent certain of the Test Color part, because the images a just a tad bit too low-resolution for me to determine.)

(And if so, can I call “dibs”?)

More on the Vintage Club stuff another time, because obviously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have literally had dreams of shrinky Traditional scale molds....you know, you're walking through an antique shop and find a Little Bit scale Adios.....I've had that dream! And now it's almost like my weird Breyer dreams are coming true!

I am not a member of any of their clubs, but man, a shrinky Fighting Stallion would be awesome.....and if they did the 5-Gaiter I don't know what I would do, lol!

timaru star ii said...

The collective reaction to the mini-Alborozo sent a pretty strong signal, I think. I love your phrase 'shrinky-dink.' Gotta put that one in circulation -- !

Anonymous said...

Do you know if the Vintage Club has a free stablemate this year? I haven't seen or heard anything.

Anonymous said...

Shrink everything! I love collecting but I don't have room for Traditionals anymore. This SM Boon has kept me in the hobby.