Thursday, January 3, 2019

BreyerFest 2019 Stuff

Feeling a bit under the weather today – nothing specific, I think, just the exhaustion and stress of an overwhelming year finally catching up with me.

Part of the reason for that is that I didn’t get nearly enough done of what I wanted to get done in 2018: my multitasking habit did me in, again. To start out 2019 on a better note, I spent a good part of yesterday evaluating what I think I can realistically accomplish this year, and packing or putting away projects that aren’t feasible.

As far as model horse stuff goes, I’ll continue to keep purchases to a minimum, barring incidental finds. I want to focus on acquiring a handful achievable ($350 and under) grails instead.

If I get caught up on my sewing projects, I’ll finally start customizing again. Mind you, it’s not likely, but I am keeping that possibility on the table – as is the possibility of attending a live show.

I thought kinda-maybe-sorta I could do BreyerFest Live this year, but I don’t think so, since it’s counter to the treat-BreyerFest-like-a-real-vacation notion that I was toying with.

If I am going to do a live show, I think it is better to start out with one that requires less in the way of logistics. Show horses plus sales horses plus everything else I need to bring makes for a very crowded station wagon!

Since we’re on the subject…

Here’s all the assorted links for BreyerFest stuff that just happened to go live today. Since I know some of you still have troubles navigating the site, I’ll provide the most essential. (I have some spatial awareness issues of my own. I won’t judge!):

Early Bird Tickets

Volunteer Application 

Changes for 2019

“Changes for 2019” is a summary page that includes of the scheduling changes to both the Auction and Costume Contest, and the live show and contest links. There is also an announcement of another new feature for this year: being able to select your preferred Special Run Line Ticket times!

The theme for the “Costume Contest is Not All Heroes Wear Capes (But Some Do!)”, the Diorama Contest is “Salute To BreyerFest!” (a BreyerFest-themed Parade Float), and the Theme Class for the Custom Contest is “Great Hair Day!”

I have ideas for all three, but whether I have the time (or motivation) to do any of them is the question.

(Right now, the answer is no.)

2 comments:

pawprint said...

If Breyer does produce that palomino Saddlebred for this year's fest, I wonder if it will turn out to be that horse in Australia that saved its rider from a dog attack early last year? I googled the story but haven't had any luck finding full pictures of the horse to see if he has any white markings on his face. He should have quite a scar on his neck, though.

Truson said...

Hope it's a glossy!