Sunday, March 6, 2011

Safety Orange

Looks like my schedule will be a little bit better this week - not a lot, but a little. Next week looks like might be a rerun of last week, though. Sigh. (Seriously, does anyone out there want a copy of my resume?)

Bigger pictures of the new Treasure Hunt mold Weather Girl are out now, and boy, is that black one nice. I’ll definitely have to cough up the cash for that little lady. The Palomino and Gray Pinto are also pretty spiffy, but like everything else, I’ll have to take a wait and see approach to see if buying a full set is financially feasible.

Let me confess to a total reading comprehension fail regarding what the BreyerFest Store Special was: it’s not the Black Pinto Huck "Black Tie Affair", but a Dappled Palomino Halla/Bolya "Dusty". (I’ll blame it on my outdated eyeglass prescription.)

I don’t know if it’s because the mold already came in Palomino, as the 748 American Warmblood in 1998 and 1999, or that I prefer the braided Halla version of the mold, but I’m just not feeling the love for "America’s Horse" just yet.

(Could be the whole "America’s Horse" thing, too - seems like an awfully presumptuous title to me. Was there some sort of reality show competition I missed out on? I’d totally watch an American Idol-style reality show with horses. But I digress.)

It could be that it’s the photo throwing me off: he looks way more Safety Orange than Palomino. Are they going for a retro "Palomino FAS" vibe, or am I being tripped up by another bad photo? I loves me some crazy colors, but I’m not sure I want something that could be mistaken for a traffic cone.

It’s gotta be a bad photo. That, or my monitor needs some serious recalibration.

No comments: