Tuesday, March 21, 2023

The Deluxe

Originally I was going to wait until either Easter or my birthday to open up the “Deluxe Grab Bag” I bought, but work’s been kinda exhausting and a little nuts and I figured eh, go for it. I would have probably found out what everybody got by then anyway, and by opening it now I’ll still be able to enjoy the element of surprise.

I think you’ll find the results interesting, to say the least. My Grab Bag (#3) contained:

  • 2021 issue of Just About Horses
  • Stablemates Friesian Cross
  • Stablemates Paint Horse
  • Stablemates Appaloosa Sport Horse
  • Stablemates Mustang
  • Fairytale Friends Sage
  • Stablemates Suncatcher Set
  • Unicorn Serendipity
  • Matte BreyerFest Rheverence
  • Charm and Gabi Rider Set
  • Crafting Til Christmas Advent Calendar
  • Stardust Styling Head
  • The World of Breyer Puzzle
  • Hope of the Year
  • Breyer Breeds Chestnut Trakehner
  • Classics Silver Bay Morab
  • Elsa

Yeah, you read that right: Elsa. I won’t bore you with the details of how this happened, but this now means I now own THREE of the Normande Cows now. 

It was definitely not by design! So if anybody out there needs a NIB Elsa at retail plus postage, I got you covered, yo…

As far as what I’m keeping from this box, I think it’s just going to be the Serendipity and the Puzzle; the Hope appears to be nicer than the one I got back in December, so that’s probably an upgrade, too. Everything else I either already have, or don’t want/need. I was kind of hoping that I’d get one of the Breyer Breeds releases I didn’t already own, like the Chalky White Roy or that pretty Silver Bay Black Beauty, but no such luck.

But I took a gamble on this one because I figured Reeves learned their lesson on the previous less-than-stellar boxes, and it looks like I will come out ahead of this deal financially. A refreshing change of pace from the two BreyerFest Grab Bag Bummer Boxes I got stuck with last year! 

Yeah, technically they both got canceled out by the Gloss Quelle Surprise in the NPOD Grab Bag Box and the Two Dollar Test Color Ginger stomped all over everything, but I still ended up with way more stuff to sell than I was expecting.

And now I have even more! Needless to say, if there’s anything here that anyone is interested in, drop me a line and I’ll see what I can do, because I definitely do not have enough room in the car for all this nonsense at BreyerFest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

someone else just posted their grab bag 3 and no Elsa.

Anonymous said...

I also purchased Grab Bag #3 and did not receive Elsa or any Special Surprise Model. I contacted Breyer and told them I did not get the Special Surprise Model that was suppose to be in my bag...what a scam. Hopefully they will take care of it and send me the so called Special Surprise Model!

Anonymous said...

Elsa is probably as "special" as it's going to get, I wouldn't hold my breath on them.