Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Hall of Fame 2020

(Waves at everyone who found me during their Google search of “Breyer History” after seeing “Breyer Horses” on the 2020 Toy Hall of Fame Finalist list.)

Yeah, so this happened today: https://www.toyhalloffame.org/finalists

And here I thought I’d have to struggle to find a suitable topic for today that didn’t require a lot of research; I’m deep in the middle of several big projects here, and I’m both mentally and physically tapped out at the moment.

I did find a couple of interesting Spanish Fighting Bull variations at the local Salvation Army Store today (after another failed Stablemates run at the Tractor Supply next door), and I thought that would be perfect: the original #73 Black release of the Spanish Fighting Bull has a number of distinct variations that are definitely worth talking about.

Next time it is, then!

Anyway, this Hall of Fame thing is a delightful surprise; I suspect that the 70th Anniversary PR campaign is what finally pushed Breyer Horses over the top and on to the Finalist list, at last.

I kind of wish the hobby had gotten more than a tangential nod in the write up on the web site, and they could have used more iconic Breyer releases like the Family Arabians or the Western Horse to illustrate them, but as they say, It’s just an honor to be nominated.

Guys and gals, you know what to do: go vote, because Breyer is up against… Bingo, Lite-Brite, Yahtzee, He-Man and My Little Pony. That’s some tough sledding. 

You can do it every day up through the 16th, so go… do your hobby duty!

https://www.toyhalloffame.org/players-choice-ballot

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link - I voted on every one of my devices today and I will continue to do so daily.

Corky said...

I've voted two days in a row, but ven as much as I love Breyer, I honestly don't see how they can get past He-Man and My Little Pony.

Suzanne said...

I agree with Corky...also it’s hard for me not to vote for Lite Brites... :^(