Monday, October 21, 2019

The 2020 Info Dump

Remember last year, when Reeves was oh-so-coy about giving us any detailed info about anything for 2019 until it was absolutely necessary, and even then – not so much?

As you might have noticed over the past three days, they’ve apparently decided to go in the opposite direction this year! 

First it was the 2020 Celebration Horse, a portrait of Irish Sport Horse Ballynoe Castle RM, aka “Reggie”, on the Show Jumping Warmblood mold:


I was thinking a few days ago that the Show Jumping Warmblood mold might have been a good choice for the Surprise model – aside from having multiple mane and tail options, it’s also had two Translucent releases (2007 Halloween Horse Twilight Terror, and last year’s Sugarmaple).

It’s an interesting, and uncontroversial mold choice (as either the Croi or Vanner would have been), though I do expect the inevitable mutterings from the “solid Matte Bay is so boring” crowd. We all thought the same thing with 2018’s Brass Hat, and he turned out gorgeous, right? And this guy’s photo looks way more promising than Brass Hat’s ever did…

Then there’s Klaus, the first release in the 2020 Stablemates Club:


I figured that Darwin would be a part of next year’s club lineup, but first up, and in Leopard Appaloosa, too? Sweet. I am a little annoyed that the first three releases of this mold were/are all Special Runs or limited in some way, though. I know they are trying to recoup their initial investment and get everyone all het up about him (mission accomplished!), but just get to the inevitable Aged Gray already, as the masses demand…

Then there’s the gorgeous Premier Club release Georg, Eberl’s highly anticipated Rhenish German Coldblood:


Like Weather Girl, Georg (pronounced “Gay-Org”, incidentally) is a reworking of one of Brigitte’s earlier resin sculpts – in this case, Valentin.

I am in love with this big beautiful chonk of a horse, but I’ll probably have to wait until next year to find a more affordable release. (I would love him as a BreyerFest Special Run, but I fear he’s got Raffle Horse written all over him.)

And finally, instead of stringing us along like they did last Fall, this time they’re hinting at doing a full reveal on the Vintage Club 2020 lineup. I am not going to read anything into this marketing strategy one way or another, other than to comment that it would definitely be better for my mental and physical well-being. I’ll just let the picture of the next reveal do all the talking for me now:


Okay, now to take a moment to drink something relaxing, before diving into the existential terror that is Star Wars Ticket Presales….

7 comments:

Nancy K said...

I'm gonna need that spotty Darwin! He's too cute.

Good luck with the Star Wars tickets! I got mine already for my local AMC.

Anonymous said...

Any idea when we might find out the regular Breyer line releases for next year?

Lady Brooklyn said...

Eh... Star Wars ticket sales are *no where* near as bad as Endgame was! Purchased 3 easily... almost 2 hrs after the fact... haha!

timaru star ii said...

Thank you Andrea. You are the best Breyer news source ever for me -- all I need, all I ever look at! -- and your saucy style would make them jealous, if they but knew. That tail's the InBetween Mare, or I've eaten something I shouldn't've...
(of course, now that I've praised you, that's sure to bolix things up, Sorry...)

Anonymous said...

Looks like the in-between mare to me too. That would be sorta weird. I mean, I'm not sure what to think. The whole thing that makes her rare is that there are only one or two out there. If there are a bunch, she is just sort of a really weird model......I don't know. Love the dapples and the gloss though! I'm not into OF collecting as much as I used to be. If I were, I think I would be ticked pink to have her. :)

Anonymous said...

That should have been "tickled" pink, not ticked pink, lol!

SPR said...

That spotted Darwin is too cute & Reggie definitely has more flattering photos than Brass Hat (who is definitely a gorgeous matte bay!) Eager to see what the Vintage Club offerings will be!