Sunday, April 21, 2019

Conquering Kaiju

Well, that was an interesting experience! More on the live show I attended Saturday when I’ve had time to both mentally and physically unpack; I’ve spent most of the rest of my weekend recovering by eating stinky cheeses and catching up on my TV and YouTube videos.

(If you haven’t been watching the Curiosity, Inc. series on The Potter’s House… well, you should!)

The briefest rundown: I only missed one class, I picked up a few NAN cards, didn’t win the Weston, but did win a Reserve Division Champ, Division Champ, and this guy won the biggest rosette:


In celebration, let us all sing along to is his namesake’s theme song, with the correct pronunciation of his name! (Yes, I am ridiculously pumped about Godzilla: King of Monsters!)

I also stopped by a Tuesday Morning on my way home from the show and bought a couple of things. Alas, the only example they had of the Pinto Roemer set I was hoping for had more smudges and overspray than I was comfortable with.

I did pick up a cheap Zena – seriously, she was only 19.99! – and a very matte and well-shaded Traditional American Pharoah who happened to be on clearance. Whether or not I keep either will depend on a bunch of things, like the quality of my flea market season, how much time I can devote to selling between now and BreyerFest, and whether or not I can find shelf space for either one of them.

I really want to keep the Zena, since I am very fond of the Shagya-Arabian mold in general, but even without her horn that girl is longer than a vintage land yacht!

And also, I have a considerable amount of model horse-related business to conduct over the next couple of months that may put a crimp on my free time, too. Some of which (cues the boilerplate) I am not at liberty to discuss.

Last week’s events aside, I am already finding myself making some difficult decisions about my free time. (The last Mares in Black podcast is apparently three hours long? I love you guys, but seriously: I ain’t got time for that!)

As far as other live shows and get togethers, that is something that I will have to give some serious consideration. Just not for the next few weeks, though, everybody.

No comments: